Hi Tom!

I know that this is a month out of date, but your channels seem spot on vs. the directions. Here is a photo of Endurance that shows the channels and it is pretty clear you did it rightErnest_Shackleton_and_Frank_Worsley_watching_the_ice_breaking_up_around_the_Endurance_encased_in_ice_1915.thumb.jpg.a5900bd44f21f06a973e17cd2652ebd1.jpg

Regards,

George

Current Builds: Bluejacket USS KearsargeRRS Discovery 1:72 scratch

Completed Builds: Model Shipways 1:96 Flying Fish | Model Shipways 1:64 US Brig Niagara | Model Shipways 1:64 Pride of Baltimore II (modified) | Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack | Heller 1:150 Passat | Revell 1:96 USS Constitution

Thank you George.  

I just now looked at your Discovery and Kearsarge builds, which are coming along nicely.  I don't know how I'd find the time to do two simultaneously.  

Tom

________________________________________________________________________________________

Current build::    Shackleton's Endurance -- OcCre  

Completed:    

USS Constitution cross section  -- Model Shipways         Peterboro Canoe -- Midwest Models             Bluenose -- Artesania Latina

Joshua Slocumb’s Spray -- BlueJacket                                J Boat Endeavor -- Amati                                 Other     Wright Flyer -- Model Airways

Yacht America -- Model Shipways                                         Brig Niagara -- Model Shipways                                     Sopwith Camel -- Hasegawa

Anchor deck and aft deck stanchions and railings completed.

With regard to the anchor deck, as you can see below, there are photos out there that both show a railing running between the two ladders and show no railing there.  The latter railing must have been added later in the voyage. I opted to put that railing in. Obviously the no-railing photo was taken in a port, but I have no idea where.

IMG_9236.thumb.JPG.c12e59655ab6eb26912445090fcc0d82.JPG

IMG_9237.thumb.JPG.1e6b4ea74db3e5e40c2c6189a4454c7e.JPG

gettyimages-3252976-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.2f1e856e14942a746298ff81471d5ccc.jpg

the-crew-of-the-endurance-taken-on-the-bow-imperial-trans-antarctic-A62F1E.thumb.jpg.dfe5324b7eb4f2ff8dfd5a11e0d632a9.jpg.14d8df27c10ead2d44d6c4c012efd8bb.jpg

The stanchions for the aft railing are closer together than the other ones, in order to maintain the curve around the stern.  After completing the aft railings I noticed a big mistake I made.  There is a wooden cap that is the top of that railing, which I had seen but forgot about.  I simply did what OcCre did.  Whether I go back and redo it remains to be seen, but if it happens, it won’t be anytime soon.

IMG_9239.thumb.JPG.3bf5971750c9b17a30f94ec532aab067.JPG

Stern.jpg.79f0d05e3e5a5b7596608652d8826e4b.thumb.jpg.39f45e99695fa02759c6d53cd936babc.jpg

I am delaying working on the railings for the deck immediately forward of the aft deck.  I need to think about the order in which I install the shrouds and ratlines, the dog kennels and those stanchions and railings.  One will likely get in the way of the other, and the railings are fragile, susceptible of being snagged when I’m tying the ratlines, for instance.

Tom

________________________________________________________________________________________

Current build::    Shackleton's Endurance -- OcCre  

Completed:    

USS Constitution cross section  -- Model Shipways         Peterboro Canoe -- Midwest Models             Bluenose -- Artesania Latina

Joshua Slocumb’s Spray -- BlueJacket                                J Boat Endeavor -- Amati                                 Other     Wright Flyer -- Model Airways

Yacht America -- Model Shipways                                         Brig Niagara -- Model Shipways                                     Sopwith Camel -- Hasegawa