3D Printing Cannons in Resin

After reading the NRG link, I see one error. This project would have never been possible without Allan Yedlinsky! He came up with the idea and supplied the original 2D drawings that were the basis of the final 3D drawings. He encouraged me, as the project continued, and acted as a sounding board and reference as I found additional historic details to add to and modify the details. This would never have been possible without his input, and help!

• 2 weeks later...

After I sent the files to the NRG, which they have added to the Resource section, I drew a set of Carronades. They have the files, but have not yet had a chance to add them. So, I'm adding them to the thread, in case someone needs them now. I'm also adding a new spreadsheet that has these added to the data. Here is a graphic of the 42 Pounder. The set includes 12, 18, 24, 32, and 42 Pounders. The STL files include a separate leveling screw. This allows you to adjust the cannon angle. The screws are over-long. They should be cut so a couple of inches sticks out when the cannon is horizontal on the carriage/slide. The screw top should be rounded.

Carronade1796-181542Pounder52.thumb.jpg.c2451d3a809b297348a4caa85e5aff42.jpg

This graphic shows a drawing of a similar type, with the length of the screw depicted.

001.jpg.a46cb76713c3673ae0ca743517b97331.jpg.d06d96ebd762c19d752c9e3c8d1cc7c2.jpg

Here is a photo of similar cannon. If you look at the right hand edge, you can just see the rounded top of the screw.

Carronade_002.jpg.683eeb2979656d6348c5f2d61043e457.jpg

The next posts will be the files.