I am trying to find a better picture of the eagle emblem shown below, preferably in color.  I've been searching the web but to no avail so far. Size doesn't matter (or so they say) because I can always shrink or enlarge it.  I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

eagle.jpg.5153c261f66fa4d3b1f0029ad2bb84ee.jpg

Sal

Nautical Research Guild

Current

USCG Harriet Lane - Model Shipways

Complete 

U.S. Brig Syren - Model Shipways

New York Pilot Boat 'Phantom' 1868 - Model Shipways

Sal, I had a difficult time finding an eagle with its head turned to the right and wings straight or slightly bent down. it seems almost all images have the eagle's head turned to the left with wings lifted. I searched for months and finally found a small gold eagle for a charm bracelet on eBay (inexpensive) that was the right scale. 

DSCN0686.thumb.JPG.5b139ad351cafcbdfd9306a325f90918.JPG

A year later I saw where a supplier carried small carved eagles that would have been perfect but for the life of me I can't remember the supplier. This might be a case where 3D printing would be the best bet unless you plan on carving one yourself.  

Edited by Keith Black

Gregory thanks for the link to the emblems but as Keith mentioned most of the eagles are shown with the wings in the up position.  Keith if you happen to recall the supplier let me know.  I always forget about 3D printing, I'll have to look into that.

Sal

Nautical Research Guild

Current

Complete 

Any of these help?  I can PM these to you in DXF if you have a CAD program.

Allan

Eagles.JPG.5b9650bf6aa00e2ac56537cfb4beeb5b.JPG

Eagles.PDF

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

13 minutes ago, popeye2sea said:

Does it need to be a Presidential Eagle?

Henry, the 'presidential eagle'  was my example of a Google search.  I think Sal is needing the eagle from the Great Seal, but with the wings oriented downward.

I just did a search for 'federal eagle' and did come up with this:

image.png.f0641b396cf5310bcfd7567d20f8e290.png

I'm just not seeing the Great Seal with the shield on the chest and the banner in the beak with the wings oriented downward.

Mabey a graphics wiz could combine two or more images to get Sal what he is looking for.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Regarding the head facing to the eagles right, found this bit of information as to why

The Presidential seal is an example of heraldry, the ancient art of symbols of nobility.

Everything on a Herald has a meaning, even the colors.

In heraldry, “right” (as a direction) is more noble, or honorable, than “left,” which is less noble, dishonorable, or inferior. The Latin word for Left is “sinister,” which in English means devious or untrustworthy.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

I wonder about the source of Sal's image in the OP.

Chances are it is a mirror image.   I noticed the orientation of the arrows and the olive branch are reversed from what is commonly seen.

That said, I think the orientation of the wings is Sal's primary concern.

Edited by Gregory

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

4 hours ago, Gregory said:

I wonder about the source of Sal's image in the OP.

Gregory, my current build is the USCG Harriet Lane.  The image is on the paddle wheel cover from the drawing below.

USRC_Harriet_Lane_plans.thumb.jpg.ee3349e7816a1aa8e50a1c5a7ac26a9f.jpg

7 hours ago, allanyed said:

Any of these help?  I can PM these to you in DXF if you have a CAD program.

Allan,  The bottom image may work if I can't find something closer to what I need.  I do have AutoCad (2004) so I could use the dxf file.

4 hours ago, Keith Black said:

Sal, I finally remembered. 

Thanks Keith, I need to check if the size will work for me.

Thank you all for helping.

Sal

Nautical Research Guild

Current

Complete 

14 hours ago, _SalD_ said:

Allan,  The bottom image may work if I can't find something closer to what I need.  I do have AutoCad (2004) so I could use the dxf file.

Just PM'd you the entire page in DXF so you can edit as you wish.   If the X and Y axes are not exactly right for you,  you can compress and/or stretch as you wish or trace over the image and then compress and/or stretch the new drawing to what ever works for you.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on the eagle search.  Using the link from Keith of the USS Constitution by ERS Rich - Model Shipways I found a file for a 3D printed eagle.  My daughters fiancé has a 3d printer and was able to print out two eagles for me.

3D file eagle picture.

3deagle.jpg.0ca654b0d18e0951509046b640a6f9ac.jpg

Printed eagles.   At the scale I needed there isn't a lot of detail but I think they'll work fine.  Just need to clean them up a bit.

IMG_5580.thumb.JPG.7681a384f48761fe7e8ebb0e8556fbee.JPG

Eagle in temporary position.  Needs to be painted and then glued in place.

IMG_5581.thumb.JPG.fba86c7ae44ae11bddfa8b919ed1b2e7.JPG

Sal

Nautical Research Guild

Current

Complete