Porsche 356 A by Papa - Arena Modelli - 1/43

I purchased this kit from Model Expo because it was on sale and I wanted to reduce the impact of spending more on postage then the package of rigging line that I needed. Now that the Morgan is done, I thought I’d give it a shot.  I took the photo after I painted the resin castings.  The only instructions are the sheet showing the outside of the car.  I still haven’t figure out where all the photo etched details go.  I ask Arena Modelli for help here but haven’t heard back. I didn’t realize how tiny 1/43 scale would be! This will be a challenge with my cataracts. 

IMG_5835.jpeg

I continue to add photoetched details. The hood (trunk) lift handle is somewhere in an other dimension. Oh well. One of the wipers took a brief visit there but returned 😁I snipped parts free of the sprues inside a plastic bag. That traps them on earth. But those tweezers have a way of shooting parts to where no man has gone before.

IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

Thats  come  up a  treat  -  very nice.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Magnification and light are the keys. Although some fine tweezers and cutting tools are also helpful. Age and decreasing physical abilities are unfortunate limiters.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I recall building a few of these models back in the day.....not this particular brand,  but there were a fair selection of smaller car kits available in the 70's.  there were quite a few military models out there too,  but at least they had an outlet for survival........wargame enthusiasts ;)   sweet littler car.......brings back memories  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch