Hi folks

This year I used the Black Friday for ordering two books from Seawatch Books. They were shipped immediately - but never delivered until today!

Shipping address was in Germany and the shipment was done via FedEx. It took four days to bring the package to Germany. FedEx send me an invoice for toll and taxes which was immediately payed by me. The last entry of the Tracking path was that the package was given to a third party for delivery - then the track is lost!

I wrote several emails to Seawatch Books AND to FedEx but both(!) never answered.

So, the question is, am I the only one person who happened to it or are there other customers with similar probems? And why doesn´t Seawatch Books and FedEx answer on my requests?

Can anybody help?

I can't speak for Seawatch regarding their email response, but once the shipper picks up the package, any delay(s) are their responsibility, not Seawatch's.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

On 12/21/2023 at 6:36 AM, gregory-boyington said:

Can anybody help?

Help with what since you say you recieved them?   I am hearing it is taking longer to deliver to some countries from the US but not sure why.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 12/23/2023 at 1:07 AM, mtaylor said:

Help with what since you say you recieved them?   I am hearing it is taking longer to deliver to some countries from the US but not sure why.   

Seems that the problem is that FedEx works with Third Parties. The Package arrived Cologne at 30th November and was handled to a "trusted partner", whatever that mean. Then nothing happened anymore so I think the package is lost.

I think your initial phrasing was confusing. If I am understanding your intent correctly, even today the package remains undelivered... while the implication of the wording in the first post was the package had been delivered on that day...

I must apologise for my initial answer as I believed you had received the books but were complaining about the time taken for them to be delivered. It was lost in translation.

I think you must try to contact Seawatch and follow the advice they offer. Hopefully it will be fixed to your satisfaction.