Offline build log viewing on IOS (or Mac OS)

Is there a reasonably easy way to download build log(s) to view offline when the internet is not available? This would be very useful for those of us embarking on a build and wanting to check along the way for tips, potential error issues, etc. …

Add the page(s) to your Reading List in Safari then you can set them to save for offline viewing.

Simon.

Current build HM Cutter Trial - Vanguard Models

Previous: Saucy Jack - Vanguard Models Polaris - OcCre

In the stash:

HMS Speedy v2023 - Vanguard Models

Nisha - Vanguard Models

HM Gun Brig Adder - Vanguard Models

11 hours ago, TomGr said:

Is there a reasonably easy way to download build log(s) to view offline when the internet is not available?

Very curious question, how often is the internet available when you are building your own model? I only had twice issues with the broadband and that was not even caused by the provider but by the electricity network (power cut). Therefore there was no broadband but also no electricity which made the house pretty dark and with torches it´s not a pleasure to build a scale model.

I have to say that the broadband here is pretty reliable and that is maybe why I don´t understand the point of no internet available but when I check the reliability ratings for our broadband network (I work for the national provider) it has a stability of 99.2% which means it should be always available. I know we have corners here as well with issues, won´t sugar coat it, but there are issues because people live that remote that the line in general is not much reliable (copper and more than 6 miles away from any network point (exchange / main frame, cabinet / DSLAM) which dramatically affects the connection. That is the only big advantage of full fibre broadband - the reliability and the low loss of strength over distance. Maybe you should try to find out if there is a full fibre connection available. They often come with much higher speeds as well.

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

5 hours ago, Scottish Guy said:

Very curious question, how often is the internet available when you are building your own model?

Not the original poster but where I build my model (in my garage) was on the edge of my wifi signal and made it somewhat of an unreliable connection (solved it this week for different reasons). I know others build in workshops/basements/etc where the connection simply may be lacking regardless of the connection to the ISP.

11 hours ago, Scottish Guy said:

That is the only big advantage of full fibre broadband

Unfortunately the build out for this is a long way off a lot people, me included. Maybe next year if Openreach stick to their plan, they've changed whether they will or won't before. Anyhoo I think in many case lack of internet is often a lack of wifi. In a lot of peoples minds internet & wifi are the same thing. Relying on the often woeful router/AP provided by the service provider is usually the problem. 

Simon.

In the stash:

Nisha - Vanguard Models

1 hour ago, BrochBoating said:

In a lot of peoples minds internet & wifi are the same thing.

Unfortunately that is true Simon, customer often get confused about WiFi / WLan and broadband / internet. When I then try to explain the difference I foten get told off, then I just stop talking and let them believe their false ideas. I don´t argue with customers especially not when I try to explain and they know it better than me.

I just got the email this morning that I´m now able to order FTTP even if the CBT is in my front garden since almost 3 month (so even if you work for them you don´t get it faster lol).

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

45 minutes ago, Scottish Guy said:

When I then try to explain the difference I foten get told off, then I just stop talking and let them believe their false ideas

This is why companies can sell mesh wifi for many times the cost of a wireless router and a few cheap AP'S that do the same thing.

Simon.

In the stash:

Nisha - Vanguard Models

With desktop Chrome (Win), you can print a website using "print to pdf" option. On smartphone, there is the option "share > print",  which also saves the website as pdf (Chrome, too). There might be similar options with other browsers.