Hi All -

I’ve gotten a lot of questions recently about reprinting David Antscherls The Fully Framed Model Swan series. The out of print books will definitely be reprinted. But, while I was hoping it would be later this year it will likely be Q1 next year as there are a few new titles I need to get out. 

However, I have a good solution: I’m going to make these available for purchase as e-books, which will give you immediate access and when I do reprint them people who bought the e-book will automatically get the printed version (they’ll just need to pay shipping costs at that time). Please comment here if that would interest you. I hope to have the ebooks available this weekend. 

thanks for your patience!

Mike

Count me in for vol 2 Mike.

(I'm already on your list)

Jeremy

-‐-‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Build Hayling Hoy 1760 - First POF scratch build

Completed HMB Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

Completed HM Armed Cutter Alert by Vanguard Models

Completed 18ft cutter and 34ft launch by Vanguard Models

Completed Pen Duick by Artesania Latina

Mike I'm so glad that you are going to reprint these books.  As soon as they are available I will be ordering a set from you and if you can let me know when they are available I would appreciate it.

I'm not so good with ebooks but I think what you are doing is a great idea - I'll wait for the reprint.

As I understand it with the original series it was possible to buy an encapsulated frame plan view.  If so will this be available too.

Good Evening Mike;

Thank you for suggesting this. I for one much prefer to see the book on the bookshelf; although I can also understand that a digital version of the book would be a great aid in the workshop, more so than a book, actually. I already have all four of the Swan series; any idea when you might be re-printing Vol II of Ed Tosti's Naiad books?

All the best,

Mark P

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS

Hi All -

We launched the e-books today. I sent out our newsletter with the details, but here they are:

Great news for those inquiring about David Antcherl's out-of-print series, The Fully Framed Model HMN Swan Class Sloops (Volumes 1 and 2):

While we plan to reprint these books next year, we're excited to offer an immediate solution: e-books!

Here's what we're proposing:

1. Purchase the e-book now for instant access.
  2. Receive the physical book when reprinted (shipping charges will apply at that time).

Benefits of this approach:

• Immediate access to the content you need
  • No waiting for the reprint
  • Enjoy the convenience of a digital copy, even after receiving the physical book

How to access the e-books:

1. Visit our website to find available e-book titles.
  2. Click the preview link to purchase through Issuu, our digital publishing platform.
  3. Create a free Issuu account to buy and access your e-book.

E-books are compatible with any device that can access the Issuu website, offering flexibility in how and where you read.

We believe this solution offers the best of both worlds - immediate digital access and the promise of a physical copy. It's our way of ensuring you can continue your projects without delay.

If you have any questions or encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help!

Many thanks for organising this Mike.

-‐-‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 hours ago, Michel Bénard said:

plans are in these books ?

No. Seawatch Books sell the plans separately as a supplement to the series - they are available from their website for $45.

On 7/14/2024 at 7:08 AM, Mark P said:

any idea when you might be re-printing Vol II of Ed Tosti's Naiad books?

Mark P

I'd also be keen to purchase Vol II, either as a reprint or a digital copy. If that isn't possible, is there any way of getting the digital files from the CD and plans at least?

3 hours ago, jpalmer1970 said:

I'd also be keen to purchase Vol II, either as a reprint or a digital copy. If that isn't possible, is there any way of getting the digital files from the CD and plans at least?

I definitely want to reprint Naiad but that’s further out. I would very much be open to a similar ebook arrangement. Let me look into it!

9 hours ago, SeaWatch Books said:

I definitely want to reprint Naiad but that’s further out. I would very much be open to a similar ebook arrangement. Let me look into it!

Thank Mike! That would be great.