Oseberg ship by Von_Kossa - Billing Boats - Scale 1:25, 800 A.D (First wooden ship build)

Yes I have never seen that before.

David B

Short answer: Yes, but probably different on the original, this is very unclear to me how the bump were on the original and despite heavy research i have failed to get a definitive answer.

Long answer: I have seen two models in museums in Sweden, one from pictures in Munich, Germany and one from a museum in Bergen, Norway. Plus i have seen videos from a Oseberg replica. They have all the positive formed bump like my ship, only difference is the size of the bump.

post-1001-0-43067300-1435441663.jpg

Picture from Bergen.

post-1001-0-05328000-1435441669_thumb.jpg

Picture from Munich.

And now to the problem, the original resting in Oslo also have the bump skeleton construction seen here. But notice that the bump is negative and not positive. It "falls" from the beginning.

post-1001-0-86313700-1435441857_thumb.jpg

The thing i don´t understand is why do all the competent model makers in different museums around the world always construct the bump positive. Notice that it doesn´t fall from the beginning like on the original.

So why didn´t i do like on the original?

I failed to envision in my head how i should have laid out the planks against the negative bend. So i fell for the group pressure...

Excuse me for my bad english, i hope you can understand me.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...