HMS Endeavour by Donny - Constructo - Scale 1:60 - was a British Royal Navy Research Vessel

HMS Endeavour, also known as HM Bark Endeavour, was a British Royal Navy research vessel that Lieutenant James Cook commanded on his first voyage of discovery to Australia and New Zealand from 1769 to 1771.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Donny,Your doing a great build,nice clean workmanship,what are the green tool holders,interesting idea.Edwin

Hi Ed, Thanks for you encouragement. They are spools from embroidery thread cobbs. I own and run a commercial embroidery company, so am always trying to find a use for things that are thrown away. I also use "blunt" (old) needles to secure a lot of the work, they are very strong, thin and leave very little trace of a hole. Best regards

G'day Donny, nice clean build, is she single or double planked, I built the Construto HMS Victory and they included wood for second planking but I didnt need it, best regards John.

Hi John, It was supplied with a double plank option. I chose to keep it to the orginal only. Lovely challenge. Thanks for your interest. All of the best, Donny

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Donny,thanks for reply,the Admiral had an inkling that was what they were,recycling the way to go,as for the needles,I saw a thread on MSW whereas somebody made rigging tools from used ones,ie cut off the eye half way making different types of,hooks some were bent others flattened and attached to slim wooden handles etc,maybe your doing that already.But to say again you do nice work,keep posting.Edwin

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely built model Donny,

I also like that toolrack with the green inserts in your early pics (a smart idea !)

greetings to CT, I spent my childhood in Belleville and have a nice rememberance to those years....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

You are doing a lovely job there Donny. I will be also building the Endeavour (starting soon) I will keep an eye on your proceedings.. regards Oliver

• 2 months later...