HMS Fly by Brian100 - Victory Models

Welcome to the Swan brethren. You will find a number of Fly build logs and even more Pegasus ones - which is almost identical kit.  There were more but some disappeared in the "big crash".  There is  a deficiency in the search engine which doesnt recognize three character names so you will never find "Fly" by searching

But its a lovely model and repays effort.

Edited by SpyGlass

HMS Fly has just arrived. This build will be very much like the Pegasus build as the false keel and bulkheads are now made of mdf rather than plywood. I am now going to check through everything to make sure nothing is missing. I will start on the build in the next couple of days.

Brian

Nice to hear from you again Chris - my memory stirred and I had a look in my records from my last Fly build and "lo and behold" I have some bits of your log from Dry Dock Models.

Recognize this ?

post-905-0-61105400-1423499487_thumb.jpg

I have about 20 bits would you like them ?

Edited by SpyGlass

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, sorry not been on for a while but I look after a lady who is disabled after suffering a stroke, so her need come before ship building.

I have managed to do a dry fit of the bulkheads and decks and hope to get started on cutting the rabbits in the next couple of days.

Brian

post-16379-0-91589900-1428567322_thumb.jpg

post-16379-0-74508400-1428567532_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian100

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I started this project, but as I mentioned in a previous post I look after a disabled lady so ship building comes second to her needs, fortunately things have improved so I am going to make a start on building this Swan Class ship in the next few days. I look forward to posting my progress.

Brian