10th-11th century Byzantine dromon by Louie da fly - FINISHED - 1:50

I finally got around to doing a video of the Dromon. Strangely it turned out to be better filming it in artificial light (just the normal overhead fluoros in the room) than using natural light. Clearer, better colour and far fewer reflections fom the transparent surface of the case.

Steven

Video is a great way to highlight a finished model, what a cool idea. Now I want to do that for a couple of mine. Just gives so much more real-feeling context for a three-dimensional object. Agree that it looks spectacular.

• 7 months later...

Just to alert anybody who was planning to make a display case like mine, I have just discovered (when I shifted the case to a new room and took the opportunity to do a minor repair, for which I had to buy glue) that what I'd thought was clear polycarbonate sheet was actually acryclic. I've edited the posts that describe the process (from #1608 onward) to get rid of the error.

And now she's in a new spot, here's a photo of her from two previously undiscovered angles.

20240208_081219.thumb.jpg.705c36337693d085ac697fb412c31763.jpg

20240208_081057.thumb.jpg.7a836209b03a47c01a0f1757521089a4.jpg

Pretty cool IMHO.

Steven

Edited by Louie da fly

I love this model Steven, especially in her quasi-diorama - a very nicely displayed model.  Hopefully you won't accidently catch one of those protruding corners in her new home?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thanks, Druxey, Pat, and those who've added likes. No problem with the corners. It's now encased in its acrylic box again, and the desk that was below it is back in position.

20240209_163123.thumb.jpg.b07ac4d634f7dd9195f5570bb07ad813.jpg

Steven

Edited by Louie da fly