HM Sloop Fly by AnobiumPunctatum - 1:32 - POF

It took a longer time to finish the construction of the deadwood.

3663343461303338.jpg

3762396264306164.jpg

6566653938626364.jpg

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Thanks for the Likes and nice comments

Regards Christian

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

• 1 month later...

The last part of the backbone is the Stern, consisting of the Inner Post and the Stern Post. I build a small jig to adapt the Stem to the Deadwood:

6662356437333030.jpg

For fixing the Stern on the Deadwood I use small brass pins. At the keel I used a simplified tenon joint:

3064333133323635.jpg

Next I milled the scores for the transoms and the rudder hinges:

3730353936313638.jpg

The last picture shows the nearly finished port side of the arrangement. I lost a little the sharp edge of the rabbet, but don't think that I can do it better. So I will live with it. After finishing the starbordside and glueing the complete arrangement together, I will final sand the everything.

6531666562353462.jpg

The two parts of the stern are real tricky and so I am very happy if I can fnish this part. Greg has spllitted his stern post in two part. If I have to do this part another time, I think I will follow this way. The rabbet at the transoms is than a littlebit simplified, but I think his way makes life much simpler.

Regards Christian

Well done, Christian. Doing this in two parts certainly helps keep the rabbet crisp but you did a very nice job..

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Hey howya goin Christian, great job so far mate will be following along on this one. Been thinking of getting a set of these plans.

Take lots of pics mate up, down, left, right, in and out even in the 4th dimension if possible mate so to help me if I get this one.

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Thanks very much for your interest

Regards Christian

• 3 months later...

I am very sorry to write this, but I have to stop my build log for a longer period.:(

My company send me to big infrastructure project to the Netherlands. I my apartment there I don't have the possibility to work with timber. When I am at home, I will spend the spare time with my wife and friends. The project is definitely not stopped and I will continue after the project.

I the meantime I will work on some drawing projects which I have in my mind (for example a disposition of frames for the Anson from Alexander) and start with card modeling. I hope we will read us. Thanks to all members on MSW who helped me to reach my current stand in the project

Regards Christian

Sorry that you have to interrupt your build, Christian. Hopefully you will have a bit of time to enjoy the Rijsmuseum if you are in Amsterdam. Best wishes with the project.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

• The title was changed to HM Sloop Fly by AnobiumPunctatum - 1:32 - POF