where can find this Awesome model ??

mahmoud sabra

I believe that is Sovereign of the Seas.

CORRECTION:

I actually now agree that this is possible Soleil Royal.   This was from Night of the Museum 3, filmed at British Museum and I cant find a record for a model of either ship in their collections. 

Edited by maturin

Greetings everyone;

I am not sure which vessel it is,  but it is certainly not a model of an English warship.

The deeply curved head rails,  the 'rose' type carving where they meet the forecastle,  and the gun-port wreaths,  all match with pictures I have seen of 'Soleil Royal' so that would seem to be a good suggestion,  as Jan mentioned above.

All the best,

Mark P

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS

Certainly looks like Soleil Royal.  Judging by the prominent stitching on the sails and the way it is mounted I'd say it was probably a prop rented for the film and not a British Museum model.

I thought that it might be a prop as well, but given the nature of the BM I would have thought it lunacy to need museum props when filming in a Museum!!!   especially if the prop itself doesnt lend anything to the story.  

In any case, it seems like is has some degree of detail...    What is it about the mounting style that lends you to think its a prop?   

Mahmoud,

Do you want to build it or buy it already made?   

http://www.admiraltyshipmodels.co.uk/acatalog/Soleil_Royal_Soleil_Royale_Ship_Model.html

These guys seem to have a lot of great options for pre-made models and they ship internationally...    They could probably work with you to get a version of the Soleil pretty close to what is in that screen grab. 

Try E-Bay, then.  I Googled for the Soliel Royal and here's the hits:  https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=soleil%20royale%20model%20ship     A lot of them out there.  

You need to remember that for the finer conditions, build-quality, etc., you'll pay more because of the time that goes into building one.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I shudder to recommend 

www.gonautical.com

but they WILL sell you a less expensive full rigged ship model. Keep in mind though that these are low quality ship models built for sale in gift shops. They may claim to be "museum quality" but in fact they are made quickly and cheaply and seldom accurately- the rigging and all the fittings are there just for show, they are not going to reflect the work of an actual dedicated ship model builder.

But on the other hand, they are affordable. To buy a REAL Museum Quality full rigged first rate ship of the line you are going to have to part with tens of thousands of dollars- if you can find one.

Edited by JerseyCity Frankie

Niagara USS Constitution 

I thought that it might be a prop as well, but given the nature of the BM I would have thought it lunacy to need museum props when filming in a Museum!!!   especially if the prop itself doesnt lend anything to the story.  

In any case, it seems like is has some degree of detail...    What is it about the mounting style that lends you to think its a prop?   

I've done work for the BM in the dim and distant past.  They are sticklers for aesthetics and wouldn't allow a presentation that sits so low it obscures the underside of the model. If it was a modern model it would be far more likely mounted on an acrylic stand to allow full view of the hull. They also wouldn't accept the nameplate sticking up in front and detracting from the model either. The nameplate would be separate from the stand, to one side of the model. The sails are far too heavy, the stitching is too prominent and over scale. 

Edited by overdale