RNLI Severn Class Lifeboat by kpnuts - FINISHED - Airfix - 1/72 - PLASTIC

What an interesting little build. The hull is looking great. Good work. Could be lots of possibilities with Extra detailing later on.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

nice start on her KP.......looks to be quite a few parts to this little beauty ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

depends on how much peril you want to put her in ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all here's the next update, I've heard lots of people say this is a bad fitting kit but I have to say it seems spot on to me (so far anyway) just a trial fit of the top cabin nothing fixed yet I'm toying with the idea of making it removable to show the detailed interior.
290vbz9.jpg
muacmw.jpg
344dtaa.jpg
2z9mn47.jpg
2z71oi8.jpg

look'in good KP!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

your not going to be able to remove it now,  are you?   will be harder to work on the deck fittings?   looks really neat  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi all well I've added more waves (run out of sealant now) still not sure I have enough waves yet, will live with it for a while I can always add more, it will look more realistic when I've added the foam and spray but I can't add that till I've finished the model.
orjchz.jpg
2q3vq89.jpg
aykf2f.jpg
9h5lie.jpg
30upoj6.jpg

look'in really good KP........hope that isn't a nick at the corner of your display stand.   is that a hull made out of match sticks?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all well here is where it is now. I love the little lifeboat on the deck and have added the grab ropes to it, I drilled little holes in the side then inserted bits of telephone wire which I then draped the ropes over then glued them in place after which I cut the wire off.
After adding the inner parts at the rear of the cabin it would no longer fit on the deck properly after a lot of head scratching I found that the front edge of the added inner bits was fouling with the cabin wall (in hind sight I should have added that wall to the removable cabin) so I've had to shave a tiny bit of try it shave a bit more off and continue in that fashion till it finally fitted.
2wp037p.jpg
r0p2dv.jpg
2hr1pc6.jpg
72d74l.jpg
1etljo.jpg
2d7ja4i.jpg
10wv11k.jpg
mx2fd4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all soon be ready for the fine spray and completion I've added a thin coat of clear resin to the fore deck to show the wetness of it.
2e0u5ue.jpg
Got more of the safety railing on (I'm really enjoying this little kit everything has been a great fit and the detail is really great for such a cheap kit I hope someone brings out a PE set for this kit, it definitely deserves one.
2jcd8ir.jpg
2qvxg5j.jpg
35n7ps7.jpg

• The title was changed to RNLI Severn Class Lifeboat by kpnuts - FINISHED - Airfix - 1/72 - PLASTIC