Kits from Russian Republic on EBAY

sailor jim

A kit from Russia, or a Russian kit?  There are some legitimate Russian kit designs on the market.  We had at least one posted on the old site, and it looked very nice.  Also some nice kits coming out of Croatia as well.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Are you talking about the ebay seller from the Russian Federation who is selling Soleil Royale, San Felipe, Ingermanland, Golden Dawn et al? If that is the one then they are actually made by Z.H.L a Chinese manufacturer who has copied Mantua/Sergal/Panart kits and the Druid is taken from another. But from what I can tell many of the parts are inferior, the castings are resin also and not metal - look how terrible the Soleil Royal resin casting is.

Having said that, does anyone know whose plans they stole from to make the Ingermanland from? That kit does look slightly better than the others...

Edited by demonborger

Kits owned: Mamoli Royal Louis, Mamoli Friesland, Mamoli HMS Victory 1:90, Occre Santisima Trinidad, Constructo HMS Prince

Simply put, kits from ZHL are banned from MSW.   Read here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/181-banned-kit-manufacturers-on-msw/

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Are you talking about the ebay seller from the Russian Federation who is selling Soleil Royale, San Felipe, Ingermanland, Golden Dawn et al? If that is the one then they are actually made by Z.H.L a Chinese manufacturer who has copied Mantua/Sergal/Panart kits and the Druid is taken from another. But from what I can tell many of the parts are inferior, the castings are resin also and not metal - look how terrible the Soleil Royal resin casting is.

Having said that, does anyone know whose plans they stole from to make the Ingermanland from? That kit does look slightly better than the others...

Yes, that's the guy I was talking about.

Zvezda? Nah they don't fall under the ban list, they are one of the better quality plastic model manufacturers.

The ban list is of companies that plagiarise other manufacturers kits, with vastly inferior quality materials and metal castings (that are resin and look like they were sculpted by a 5 year old). The majority (in fact all the ones i know of) that plagiarise are from china, of which ZHL seems to have the biggest market exposure.

Edited by demonborger

Kits owned: Mamoli Royal Louis, Mamoli Friesland, Mamoli HMS Victory 1:90, Occre Santisima Trinidad, Constructo HMS Prince

Hey Guys: Yes that is the Russian Federation fronting for a Chinese company. No, I have not considered buying one, only interested

in some feedback from as to the folks who are up on these things. Thanks everyone>

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

A kit from Russia, or a Russian kit?  There are some legitimate Russian kit designs on the market.  We had at least one posted on the old site, and it looked very nice.  Also some nice kits coming out of Croatia as well.

I would take a Croatian kit over Russian kit anyday. I am from Russia and know how they work there. Expect to have something not right with your kit. Or even a part of a piece broken off or missing. Quality not that great. Buy American or European.

• 10 months later...

Yes, we Russians have the company which make wooden kits. At present on sale of 3 boats, the bot and brigantine "Phoenix".

There are all Russian ships.

Site of the producer:

http://master-korabel.ru/index.php?act=subsec&id=64.

Photo instruction of collecting of a brgantine "Phoenix":

http://master-korabel.ru/manuals/mk0401_ph_instr.pdf