I am building Di Agostini's Vasa from Model Space.

For most of it no problem, but now I am trying to line the cannonports with lists.

Absolutely impossible!

They all fall into the black void around the ports

There is hardly 1-2 mm of the hull where the lists should be glued. Nothing for me, I have to thick fingers, can't press them aginst the hull to get them stuck!.

So far I have skipped the lists, unless you have a brilliant solution

I think TomJonas may be referring to strips, wood strips?

I do remember this method of building up the gun port inner surrounds and it was always a nightmare due to the lack of surface to glue the four sides to the inner edges of the planking. All I can suggest is patience, or leave them off if you think the end result may look worse with them on.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

I'm not sure either what a "list" is.  If it's framing around the inside of the port, I'd think the kit would have that done before the planking.  I could be wrong on this kit though.

Edit: They don't do it that way.

I've searched through the logs and here's the way the only one who has got that far did it:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

For anything small where tweezers won't work, take a short piece of rod (I use carbon fiber, brass will work too) and use a SMALL drop of CA to glue the end of the rod to the piece, at whatever angle you need it to be for the gluing operation. Glue the piece, once the main glue is set wiggle the rod around, if you do it right the drop of CA will come off the piece clean, still attached to the rod. Nothing at all left to clean up.

If it doesn't do that and the rod comes free leaving the glue, you used too much glue.

Edited by vossiewulf