artesania latina

firedog5213

Two years ago I did get in touch with someone and got replacement/missing parts. However I believe they have gone out of business. Although it appears that some of the models at the D'Agostini site here https://www.model-space.com/us/model-ships.html are Artesania Latina models. Maybe someone there may help, although I have recently sent inquiries to them regarding something else via their contact page and via Facebook and have yet to get a response, it's been a month so I'm not holding my breath.

Matt

Completed Builds: Viking Drakkar - Amati - Scale 1:50

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways - Scale 1:48

2 hours ago, firedog5213 said:

Has anyone run across missing parts with artesania latina? I bought the kit off ebay and was missing a whole sheet of parts according to the sellers bio he is the president of model-expo but if I strike out there has anyone had to order replacement parts?

It sounds like it was a sale by and for Modelexpo..    If you have already contacted Mark, I would be surprised if he doesnt respond.  

A good 2nd route is their contact page : ModelExpo, I'm sure they will make it right..

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

3 hours ago, Gregory said:

It sounds like it was a sale by and for Modelexpo..    If you have already contacted Mark, I would be surprised if he doesnt respond.  

A good 2nd route is their contact page : ModelExpo, I'm sure they will make it right..

This is  the  response I got back "I wish I could help you but cannot. Artesania Latina, who used to supply parts through their distributor, Hobbico (Tower Hobbies) is now bankrupt and in liquidation. Also, Hobbico filed for bankruptcy nearly one year ago." So I guess it time to do some scratch building, shouldnt be to bad it was the sheet with 6 bulkheads on it 

I bought 2 AL kits directly from Tower Hobbies about a month ago. Both kits came in boxes that were taped closed and all the contents were sealed in shrink wrap.  In fact all the AL kits I have purchased in the last 5-10 years have come that way and none had missing parts. Was your kit sealed when you received it? 

According to News reports Horizon Hobbies acquired Hobbico in April 2019, at least the RC business unit. Tower Hobbies still has an active website. 

Edited by Jack12477

Buying on Ebay, IMO, is somewhat risky as you really don't know what you're getting.  If you know who you're buying from then you'll probably be ok as lot of upstanding companies do sell on Ebay.  BTW, the buyer reviews are pretty much worthless as the "store" owner can post them using fake name but not always.  Caveat emptor applies.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)