Sirius Model at the Powerhouse Museum

Jim Lad

As the Sirius is now available in kit form and is being built (or planned) by some of our members, I thought these photos may be of interest.

The Ingleton model of the Sirius is in storage at the Powerhouse Museum's storage faciliy at Castle Hill (Sydney).  I was able to visit the storage area this morning and take a few photos.  Some of the photos aren't great as the light was pretty poor and no flash was permitted, but I thought they may be helpful for anyone building or researching the Sirius.

First, some photos of the hull and deck.

John

post-5-0-68330500-1368511508_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-44276700-1368511511_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-67124200-1368511513_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-03138900-1368511523_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-34609700-1368511525_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-13535900-1368511519_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-99245400-1368511520_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-49129200-1368511516_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics John.

Anyone who would like to see more of Sirius in very high resolution click on this Link : HMS Sirius - Powerhouse Museum

BTW John - was that model once in the foyer at Old Sydney Town? I remember seeing a couple of excellent (rather large) models there which initially sparked my interest in wooden ship modelling :) . I don't remember which ships they were.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

• 5 months later...

No John, Demonborger was right - I DID mean "Old Sydney Town" the (now closed) theme park at Kariong :) .

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Thank you John - I have no idea what the two ships in the foyer were, just thought it may have been Ingleton's models of Sirius and Supply "on loan".

Demonborger - have a look at this link - there may be hope for a revival of Old Sydney Town yet. I hope so - I'll be one of the first visitors if it goes ahead :) .

Cheers, Danny

• 7 months later...

There is another large model of the Sirius on display in a case in the foyer of the Commonwealth Dept. Health & Ageing 'Sirius Building' in Woden (suburb of Canberra).

I'll have to remember to get some photos next time I'm over there.

Leanne

Current build: HM Cutter Mermaid 1817
Next build: US Brig Syren...maybe :)