Does anybody have some experience with CAF Models ?

yvesvidal

I was wondering if anybody on this forum has had some experience with CAF Models? I see that they are advertising on the side Bar of the FOrum, but tried to contact the owner of the company at the suggested E-Mail with no success. The E-Mail address is invalid.

Specifically, I wanted to know more about their Chebec (Le Requin) in the 1/48 scale. From the pictures, it looks like a fabulous vessel and I have always loved the shape of that boat.

Yves

You might try a PM here on the site, and let him know about the email problem..

https://modelshipworld.com/messenger/compose/?to=33401

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

They are in the middle of Chinese New Year so you wont get them.   Keep in mind that they are a member here and you can PM them.

I must also state that CAF no longer sells any kits based on the Ancre monographs.   They have stopped production.  At this present time, Tom at CAF is working with Ancre to come to an agreement so they can legally offer those kits again.  This includes the Chebec Kit you mentioned.  This means that the CAF kit of the Chebec can not be built or shown in a log on MSW currently as it is a pirated design.  This has been acknowledged by Tom from CAF.   

Should CAF and Ancre reach an agreement, then those kits that they have worked out a agreement for, will be allowed to be built and logged on MSW.   Until then, only those kits other than those based on Ancre monographs are now being offered by CAF for sale.

See this topic for more details..

5 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

I was wondering if anybody on this forum has had some experience with CAF Models? I see that they are advertising on the side Bar of the FOrum, but tried to contact the owner of the company at the suggested E-Mail with no success. The E-Mail address is invalid.

Specifically, I wanted to know more about their Chebec (Le Requin) in the 1/48 scale. From the pictures, it looks like a fabulous vessel and I have always loved the shape of that boat.

Yves

Thank you very much for your attention

Hello, my email is: 450449987@qq.com

As Mr. chuck said, I'm waiting for Ancre's authorization

Once authorized, the product will resume sales

Tom

Tom, Chuck,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanations. Being French, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with your negotiations between CAF and ANCRE.

monographie-du-requin-chebec-1750-.jpg.bdbc4abfa948226b27c45ea8a47d4c78.jpg

ANCRE's researches are exceptional and their work on various subjects deserved to be acknowledged. I certainly hope you will quickly obtain an agreement with them, as it would be a pity that their work do not get translated into kits. Both parties would benefit from it, in the sales of kits and of books. 

Please, let me know when you are in a position to resume the manufacturing of that beautiful kit.

Thanks

Yves