New Member Intro

Hi,

I am a  (just shy of) 70 yo retired physician who has been building wooden ship models since age 25.  I did a rural rotation in Maine during medical school and saw a Friendship Sloop and was hooked.  My first attempt was completely hand carved but I quickly moved on to kits. 

I can no longer do the hobby, unfortunately, my eyes and dexterity are just not what they used to be.  I can still do most of the woodwork but the rigging  and really fine work is just no longer possible.   I joined (re-joined actually as I think I was a member years ago) to see if I can pass on some unbuilt kits that I am just not going to be able to ever build.  These are not beginner kits and some are no longer in production.  The Norske Love (which is dear to me as my wife is 100% Norwegian) consists of three separate boxes and took me years to find.

Anyway, I am trying to avoid E-Bay which has become more of a hassle than enjoyable though I do have one ship currently listed there under my moniker N4208T.  I am not able yet to list these in the correct forum section but I am attaching a pdf with some pics of the kits available and I am looking to pass these on at a deep discount ... individually or as a lot ... to someone who will appreciate and actually build them.

I love looking at and reading about all of your work.  If you have any interest in these kits, please reach out and contact (PM) me.  I am happy to use PayPal to protect both of us and you can see my rep and comments on e-bay if interested.   I do not need the cash, though the $ are always nice, and I am looking to sell these for much less than they are worth.  EG - I will sell the San Mateo listed on E-Bay to someone here for less than it is listed for on E-Bay.

Thanks,

Steve

SHIPS_050820.pdf

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hey Steve, what a very nice and generous offer to share your hard found ship kits...Best regards!