I made a best offer for one on eBay but sadly it doesn’t look like many are available there at the moment. I would keep an eye out there if no one has one for sale here. Good luck with the kit, it’s quite nice!

PS - It looks like you may have accidentally made this topic twice; you may want to delete the other one.

Amazon has the book available, worth the price. I have it in my library, rich of information.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Abebooks  have some copies.  They range from $80 to a totally ridiculous $599.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22617872862&searchurl=sortby%3D17%26tn%3Dalert%2B1777

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights

And a cheaper copy:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=goodwin&bi=0&bx=off&cm_sp=SearchF-_-Advtab1-_-Results&ds=30&recentlyadded=all&sortby=17&sts=t&tn=alert

It is surprising how often booksellers leave words out of the titles when listing their items. I searched for 'Alert' & 'Goodwin' without the '1777' and sure enough, got two extra hits. Hope it is useful to you, Jorge.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

I wouldn't get too worked up about the inside cover illustrations in the later editions of the AOTS titles; you'll find the same picture inside the pages. Bit of a wasted opportunity, if not a con.

I have several of the first editions and their later ones with this feature.

If you hang around fleabay constantly, you'll eventually find a bargain. I've managed to collect the whole set that way.

AbeBooks is now owned by Amazon, consequently bargains there are few, but do come along.

36 minutes ago, shipman said:

AbeBooks is now owned by Amazon, consequently bargains there are few, but do come along.

Don't give up. As far as I am aware it is still 100% a platform, Ebay style, for others to sell their books. You still get the booksellers price, not the algorithm-driven pricing seen on Amazon.

I just scored a book on Abebooks that was half the price of all others listed, and it turned out to be from a seller I have used for years. 

Good to know about the plans/illustrations inside the AOS books, I hadn't realised it was consistently done that way. 

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Alert book from Abe Books...  used but EXCELLENT conditions; only detail is a sunbleached jacket spine.

Other than that, book is basically new; seems to be one of the originals, as the jacket does not have the plans inside... cant beat it for $57 delivered, when compared to new prices.

Thanks for the search tips!

Regards,

Jorge

Congratulations.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali