V-22 Osprey - Italeri 1:48 scale by Popeye the Sailor - finished

32 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

thank you gents....and those who hit the like button :)   yea,  the decals were really hard to 'stick'.  there are a couple of them I actually used the window maker to affix them.  that worked out quite well....believe it or not.........I just used a damp paper towel to wipe the excess.  flat paints are sometimes not very friendly to decals,  I find.  thanks again :) 

Did you try MicroSet  and Sol Denis?

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Nice, I  like the colour scheme, l didn't notice the missing decal either, looks  good 🙂

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

As far as decals sticking to flat paints, that is a hit or miss proposition brother, this is why most use a bit of gloss over the flat paint where the decals sit, then reshoot the flat overall.... Seals in the decal...

Nice job! Impressive.....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Looking good, Denis. Like EG said, gloss under the decal and OC's setting solutions are the best for making decals stay where ya placed 'em. ;):D

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

with my luck spraying over paints....I try to stay away from doing it.  I'm currently out of micro sol.........but I have the set,  and I do use it.  I use warm water to soak the decals in,  but I think they tend to cool off too fast......this house is a bear to heat.   yes....decals have no problem sticking to gloss paint,  but not painting over them,  it would leave shiny areas,  so I don't apply decals that way.  I've tried the floor shine method,  as well as the washer fluid method,  and didn't like either one.  the admiral has been hinting about going to Barnes and Noble.......it's a book store and it's close to Hobby Lobby.  perhaps a stop there too is in order  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

41 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

with my luck spraying over paints....I try to stay away from doing it.  I'm currently out of micro sol.........but I have the set,  and I do use it.  I use warm water to soak the decals in,  but I think they tend to cool off too fast......this house is a bear to heat.   yes....decals have no problem sticking to gloss paint,  but not painting over them,  it would leave shiny areas,  so I don't apply decals that way.  I've tried the floor shine method,  as well as the washer fluid method,  and didn't like either one.  the admiral has been hinting about going to Barnes and Noble.......it's a book store and it's close to Hobby Lobby.  perhaps a stop there too is in order  ;) 

Sounds like a plan mate.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

never made it.........perhaps this week  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch