Hello from Pontevedra, Spain

Opaahi

Hello everybody. My name is Jose and I’m living in the northwest coast of Spain in al lovely place call Pontevedra. I found you surfing on internet and I get impressive for your incredible works. I would like to arrive to build such spectaculars ships with your help.

I apologize for my English but I will try to improve it.

Now here in Pontevedra a new theory is getting strong, they are trying to prove that Cristobal Colon was born in Pontevedra. If somebody is interesting I can give more information.

Regards

Welcome to MSW Jose!

You can get an answer to just about any question you might have when ever you start on your build, any idea what you want to build first? Do you have any previous modeling experience?

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)

Thank you for your welcome. CW_Tom and keithbrad80 I am making the Corsair of Occre which has been in my son's closet for two years. Someone gave it to him at his 15th birthday party.I found it during the closing for the Covid.
It gave me a lot of problems with the lining of the helmet and I made all the mistakes of the beginner but I hope to finish it and start another one with your help.

Welcome to MSW, Jose.   It is very much a learning process on building ship models and our members here are happy to help and share the knowledge.

As for your historical discussion, you can start a conversation in this area:   https://modelshipworld.com/forum/5-nauticalnaval-history/

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

hi Jose, greetings from Barcelona! as you can see you're not the only spaniard here! let's try a simple kit if it's your first model! 

Hola José, saludos desde Barcelona! como puedes ver no eres el único español por aqui! animate y empieza con un kit sencillo si es tu primer modelo! 😄

:piratebo5:

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

18 hours ago, Geowolf said:

hi Jose, greetings from Barcelona! as you can see you're not the only spaniard here! let's try a simple kit if it's your first model! 

Hola José, saludos desde Barcelona! como puedes ver no eres el único español por aqui! animate y empieza con un kit sencillo si es tu primer modelo! 😄

Hi, it's a pity I didn't enter the forum earlier because I've been working in Barcelona since 2016 until last September and we would have met

41 minutes ago, Opaahi said:

Hi, it's a pity I didn't enter the forum earlier because I've been working in Barcelona since 2016 until last September and we would have met

sure, it's difficult to find people in person with this hobby hahaha! but don't worry, if you come to BCN again say me something and we can take some beers, 🍺🍻

regards,

Edited by Geowolf

Hello Jose and welcome to the forum!

As Mark says it would be great to see a discussion on the relevant section about the new historical info.

Looking forward to seeing your build logs.

regards,

George