HMS Snake by Liam - Caldercraft - 1/64

Hello again I have recently finished my first model hms Sherbourne which I was very pleased with the result it was ok for a first timer. 

I have now just started to build my second model HMS Snake I picked this model as it has multiple masts so much more rigging and it also has a copper hull so it interested me it also has rigged cannons and a bit more detail so should be a challenge. 

so I hope you all enjoy this one and any help and feed back will be appreciated no doubt I’ll be asking for advice along the way. 

Hi Liam.  I’m building a Snake at the moment, a couple of hundred miles north, and about 2 months ahead of you.  You can see my build log here: 

I give some links to some builds more advanced in time and knowledge than me.  They are well worth browsing if you haven’t already.  I’m having a great time, and learning a lot.

Have fun.  Mike

Edited by MIke_H

Hello all so Iv been working on snake today I have glued the deck on as well as pinned the gunport bulwarks into position and glued the walnut keel on the stern facia and stern counter have both been applied to the model. 
I am all set now to start the first planking one of my favourite parts of the build. 4F919053-8779-41A3-8D6F-59AC5715BA1B.thumb.jpeg.2ae0fc0eae767c35733369b91cb1219d.jpeg33464C6E-4497-41B3-A1D1-8CBB3D85F8A7.thumb.jpeg.12d95f97e99f1844087d7471a3881944.jpeg9FC07C44-03CD-4AD9-A637-69888393EEF6.thumb.jpeg.344be53f9b81483e00998eda3d93ba54.jpeg91729A0E-968B-42F4-BDFF-D087BBCD4480.thumb.jpeg.25272af4bab072b871ade36413d2ed2a.jpeg

12 hours ago, ccoyle said:

Hard to tell for sure from your photos, but it looks like you may need some additional bulkhead beveling at the bow and stern.

Im agree with you, 

there is a little surface  beveled , 

im always beveling 3/4  from the thick of the bulkhead (leaving about 1/4 for reference to know that im not beveling to much ..)

Best regards 

Michael.

"smooth seas do not make good sailors..."

:pirate41:

MY FIRS BUILD : H.M.S BOUNTY (mamoli)

SECOND BUILD :The concord stagecoach 1:12 youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJzCs9umWPI 

CURRENTLY BUILD : H.M.S VICTORY (Caldercraft) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15501-hms-victory-by-michael101-caldercraft-scale-172/

Yeah you are right it does I was going to do that when I get round to start the planking I over bevelled my last model and had to stick some deck planks to fill it out a bit wanted to try and avoid that this time thanks for noticing it 

Good to hear you enjoy planking as some people seem to dread it. Not familiar with this model so I'm interested to see where you go with it.