Hello from the Netherlands!

RobinB87

Hello! and let me introduce myself a little bit. I read for a while on this forum and now my own project is starting so i thought i post here, lots of help here! I never been on a forum so i hope this works well for me.😁

I am Robin, 34 years old and living in the Netherlands. I've been modeling since i was about 10 years old.

I've started of with model trains, then some plastic kits and wooden kits. I have a high standard in my modeling.  A few years ago i made a switch in  my profession to mostly carpentry, and i have to say that i love wood!😃 

Also 4 years ago i have bought the plans for my new project, Le fleuron. I've read and researched a lot but since i moved to my new house it was on the upper shelf for a good year.

Now i am off to hopefully a good start with this beauty, i have some questions and will start a new topic in the coming days. Mostly of my drawings are ready to go!!

This project wont be a fast one because i have allot to do beside modeling.....but patience is the key!😉

Greetings!

Best regards,

Robin.

Current build:        Le fleuron 1729 scale 1:48 Scratch

Welcome Robin, wish you good luck with your projects!

Dan.

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

Welcome to Model Ship World Robin.  I look forward to following your build of your Le Fleuron.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Hello Robin, welome to MSW from the UK.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)