HMS Cumberland 1774 by Jack H - 1:36 &1:48 - POF - kit development for True Image Models

8 hours ago, scrubbyj427 said:

Wow! Looks great Jack! What’s the progress look like on the other test builds?

Hi!

Maybe I'm processing 1:36 and 1:48 pear wood and boxwood parts at the same time, so it seems a bit messy,but I'll mark the scale of prototype. 1: 36 is a customized model, I can only verify the 1:48 version of pear wood and boxwood myself. Pear wood will be the basic version. I should release the parts of the basic version immediately. As mentioned earlier, the basic version is equivalent to the parts of laser cutting. The difference is that the laser has black carbon , but the CNC has no black carbon . Because the thickness of the laser cutting board will not be too thick, the kit scale for laser cutting is generally small, such as 1:72 or 64.

The first chapter parts (1:36)will be sent out soon, and then I will process 1:48 parts of pear  and boxwood, you will see the material and color of pear wood more intuitively.

Jack

Edited by hjx

16 hours ago, hjx said:

The first chapter parts (1:36)will be sent out soon, and then I will process 1:48 parts of pear  and boxwood, you will see the material and color of pear wood more intuitively.

Jack

You’re releasing the first chapter parts commercially?

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

2 hours ago, scrubbyj427 said:

You’re releasing the first chapter parts commercially?

No, it's not the final product. I mean the parts I'm going to send out, but it's the first chapter of my plan. I need to finish at least the hull part, which means that I have to complete all the design and prototype of carving set. Secondly, in addition to the first chapter you have seen, there are also need all cant and square frames, then decide whether I can release chapter one.

As for those "β parts" ,there are very anxious modelers who are willing to take the risk of project failure and willing buy β Version to participate in the verification of this project,  I promise them that if the project fails, I will return all the payment to them.But we don't accept such orders now. My German friend will participate in the  second batch of prototypes,if everything goes well, my UK partner will probably make this model in the third batch because he is very busy now. The final English version, including instructions and components, needs to be determined by him--He also owns the copyright for the project and owns 'True Image Models'.

We are looking for cooperation with MSW. It will take time to determine many details. In order to reduce tariffs and freight, I am considering whether we can process some parts in the United States. Similarly, I am also considering processing some parts in Germany or UK.But all these need to be accounted for before the final decision can be made. If really can't reduce the expensive price , I will consider the concept of "basic parts". I only process a small number of parts, such as steps, hawse pieces, can frame... and carving set,--i call it  ‘plans+basic parts’ or 'semi-kit', which are difficult to be made by hand. The rest are made by modeler himself, which can  reduce the cost greatly.You guys can tell us any your suggestions and ideas.

Thank you!

Jack

Edited by hjx

11 hours ago, hjx said:

No, no es el producto final. Me refiero a las partes que voy a enviar, pero es el primer capítulo de mi plan. Necesito terminar al menos la parte del casco, lo que significa que tengo que completar todo el diseño y prototipo del conjunto de tallado. En segundo lugar, además del primer capítulo que ha visto, también es necesario que todos los marcos cuadrados y peraltes, luego decida si puedo lanzar el capítulo uno.

En cuanto a esas "partes β", hay modeladores muy ansiosos que están dispuestos a correr el riesgo de que el proyecto fracase y estén dispuestos a comprar la Versión β para participar en la verificación de este proyecto, les prometo que si el proyecto falla, les devolveré todos. el pago a ellos. Pero no aceptamos tales pedidos ahora. Mi amigo alemán participará en el segundo lote de prototipos, si todo va bien, mi socio del Reino Unido probablemente hará este modelo en el tercer lote porque ahora está muy ocupado. La versión final en inglés, incluidas las instrucciones y los componentes, debe ser determinada por él. También es propietario de los derechos de autor del proyecto y es propietario de ' True Image Models '.

Buscamos cooperación con MSW. Llevará tiempo determinar muchos detalles. Para reducir los aranceles y el flete, estoy considerando si podemos procesar algunas piezas en los Estados Unidos. De manera similar, también estoy considerando procesar algunas piezas en Alemania o el Reino Unido, pero todas estas deben tenerse en cuenta antes de que se pueda tomar la decisión final. Si realmente no puedo reducir el precio caro, consideraré el concepto de "piezas básicas". Solo proceso una pequeña cantidad de piezas, como escalones, piezas de hawse, marco de lata ... y juego de tallado, lo llamo ' planos + piezas básicas' o 'semi-kit' , que son difíciles de hacer por mano. El resto lo hace el propio modelador, lo que puede reducir el costo en gran medida. Ustedes pueden contarnos sus sugerencias e ideas.

¡Gracias!

Jack

Hello again, is your company the same as the HMS Minerva? The process is very similar.

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

On 7/1/2021 at 9:59 AM, scrubbyj427 said:

Jack, So is this considered chapter one?

Yes,that's basically the first chapter.

And then I went on to process the 1:48 parts, and I started to make this model in a real sense, I want to show you my idea, that is, how to simplify a complex POF model into several large parts by machine and hands, so that modelers with common skills and no professional tools can make this complex model.

This is the first step. Let's take a look at the basic parts of pear wood and the pre assembled parts of jujube wood on the right.I will process a set of Asian boxwood samples at the same time.Maybe you are tired of looking at those model parts all the time. Indeed, I am too busy. I have to go to work during the day, and then design and process the ship model in my spare time. Maybe I only have a few hours of spare time every day. However, my classmate's processing factory can process these parts in batch ,I insist on testing these parts myself in the hope of finding more mistakes and modifying them.

image.png.0ec7a4ebf49d499eafc0ec8b6fc275b2.png

On the left is Chinese pear wood, and on the right is jujube wood. Asian boxwood and jujube wood look similar, but undoubtedly boxwood is the best, more delicate than pear wood, and has good color. In the future, I will release about 3-10 full boxwood kits, if anyone likes them.

• 9 months later...

I second the request.  This looks like it will be a top quality kit.  Yours looks to be top quality, but I worry that it will be affordable as the details you are showing are incredible.   I hope this works out!!  One of the nicest things is that Cumberland had a number of sister ships so the kit builder could make some small changes based on contemporary drawings and have it represent Elizabeth (1769) , Resolution (1770), Powerful (1783) and others in the class.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Thank you JJ ,Allan,and all your "likes".

For some reasons in my business, it may be another few months before this project continues.

Also, due to the pandemic, one of my partners, who made prototype of 1:36 in scale, he wanted to pause for a while.so I needed to restart working on the 1:48 prototype. Thank you all for your attention.

Jack

• The title was changed to HMS Cumberland 1774 by Jack H - 1:36 &1:48 - POF - kit development for True Image Models