Bismarck by rvchima - FINISHED - Amati - Scale 1:200 - WWII German Battleship

I know im late to this party, but here goes, In approx 2019 I was doing a central heating job and I saw that the chap had a plank on frame hull, I ask him about it and he said he had bought the complete Hatchet battleship Bismarck magazine series, I ask how he was doing as I was a keen modeler myself and he said he had developed parkinsons and he could not manage it any more, so I proposed buying it off him, he said that he would be happy to give it too me to finish, well of course I jumped at the chance, so he gave it to me, here due to life, moving, renovating etc November 2023, I have finally got around to getting it out, he had the unfinished bits and parts in two binders and the mags in two further binders, so far it has taken me a week to wade through the first mag binder to check what parts had been fitted and what was to do and have come across some discrepancies and some plans and drawings missing, I phoned Hackets and they no longer do the static models and only do the motorised version, Ive seen references in this thread to the fact that it is a an Amati model which it is according to the plans, do you still have the plans and drawings? if so would it be possible to buy them from you?

regards

John.

John,

I'd put another post here:  https://modelshipworld.com/forum/26-plastic-model-kits/  Hope you can find a set of plans.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 11/1/2023 at 1:16 PM, henly said:

Ive seen references in this thread to the fact that it is a an Amati model which it is according to the plans, do you still have the plans and drawings? if so would it be possible to buy them from you?

John,

I have kept plans from every model that I've made since I was a teenager, so I am not interested in selling the Bismarck plans. The Amati plans comprise two full-color glossy books with 210 pages total and seven full-sized drawings. You might try to get them from Amati. There is a full set of how-to-build the Hachette Bismarck videos on YouTube. This may be enough to get it built.

On 11/2/2023 at 6:16 AM, henly said:

I know im late to this party, but here goes, In approx 2019 I was doing a central heating job and I saw that the chap had a plank on frame hull, I ask him about it and he said he had bought the complete Hatchet battleship Bismarck magazine series, I ask how he was doing as I was a keen modeler myself and he said he had developed parkinsons and he could not manage it any more, so I proposed buying it off him, he said that he would be happy to give it too me to finish, well of course I jumped at the chance, so he gave it to me, here due to life, moving, renovating etc November 2023, I have finally got around to getting it out, he had the unfinished bits and parts in two binders and the mags in two further binders, so far it has taken me a week to wade through the first mag binder to check what parts had been fitted and what was to do and have come across some discrepancies and some plans and drawings missing, I phoned Hackets and they no longer do the static models and only do the motorised version, Ive seen references in this thread to the fact that it is a an Amati model which it is according to the plans, do you still have the plans and drawings? if so would it be possible to buy them from you?

regards

John.

Hi John,

I bought the "Partworks" version.

As you are aware, it is Amati, I am of the opinion that this was a "Pre-Prod" thing.

There are 140 issues to the build and the instructions will have you bouncing backwards and forwards, all good fun!! 🙂

I think that you'll be pretty much set if you have all the parts/magazines.

Only one plan came with the 140 issues, a 1:1 Plan and sheer view of the model/ship.

I used this for Reference only as placement of sub-assemblies/rigging/etc. is covered quite well in the magazines.

Unsure if this helps.

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

Amati/Partworks 1/200 Bismarck

A/L Sanson

On 11/1/2023 at 5:16 PM, henly said:

regards

John.

Hi John

You can have mine, I should be finished in the new year and I'll send them on..see my log.

Cheers Ian 

HMAV Bounty 'Billings' completed  

HMS Cheerful - Syren-Chuck' completed :)

Steam Pinnace 199 'Billings bashed' - completed

HMS Ledbury F30 --White Ensign -completed 😎

HMS Vanguard 'Victory models'-- completed :)

Bismarck Amati 1/200 --underway  👍