How to make simplified miniature Bullseyes for your model ship

BrankoSNY

Moderator's note: despite its title, the video link in this post actually describes a simplified method for making stylized bullseyes, not deadeyes.

Hi Everyone,
Here is my next video: How to make Miniature model deadeyes for your model ship, from scratch.

In this video, I show you, step-by-step, how to make bullseyes for your miniature model ship rigging, from scratch. it is a fiddly process, but so worth it.

I made myself a template board with all the relevant measurements and slots to make my job easier, simply drop in the small piece of round wood for the deadeyes and mark off, then cut and sand each piece...after drilling the central hole, that is! Feel free to copy my template!!

Tieing the string to your pieces, can be tricky, but soon your hands will learn the way to do it and you can just do it automatically.

Securing your strings, or rigging to the masts is another one that your hands and fingers need to learn, if you need to see how I do it, I suggest playing that part of the video in half speed, and practice on string or line that is not for your final project.

As always, good luck with your projects, and ask any questions you may have, in the comments. If you want a pattern for the template, or for me to do a close-up of the stringing, let me know, I'll happily share these things.

Thank you!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

On 12/5/2021 at 3:12 PM, BrankoSNY said:

How to make Miniature model deadeyes

Your video shows what might be called  " bulls eyes " ..  A sort of wood thimble.  They may have served the same purpose as deadeyes in certain situations..

If we are going to help fellow modelers, it s important to provide correct information..

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

The previous discussion on this thread has been pared down. Please, folks, be civil in any replies you make in a topic regardless of how you feel about the subject. If you feel for any reason that a post or topic thread needs to be evaluated by MSW staff, please PM a moderator. Thank you! P.S. Please consider the discussion on this particular matter closed and move on.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane