tweezer reccomendation

Your best bet would be watchmaking or biology supply houses. Look out for brands, such as Dumont. Ideally, one should inspect them in person before buying to make sure you don't get 'seconds'. I pays off to pay a bit more initially. I had my main working pair of tweezers now for over 40 years, so worth the money. And don't drop it to the floor ...

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

Quite pricey, are the tweezers from Tamiya, but to me, they are some of the most important and most used tools in modelling. The quality is top notch and they are not only usable for rigging, etc., they are sturdy enough to work with photo etch made from brass, where they are extremely helpful for tiny parts.

Cheers Rob 

Current builds:  AEG G.IV Creature of the Night - WNW - 1/32
                             McLaren Mp4/6 - Ayrton Senna - Fujimi - 1/20 - paused
                             Duchess of Kingston - paused 

Finished builds: F4U-1A Corsair - Tamiya 1/32

USS Arizona 1/350 Eduard
                             Caudron C.561 French Racing Plane 1/48
                             Nachtigall on Speed Arado 234 B-2N by DocRob - 1/32 - Fly

Renault RE20 Turbo - Tamiya - 1/12
                             P-38J Wicked Woman - Tamiya - 1/48

I have a set from a company called "Perfect Line".  I found them at my local hobby shop.  Not too expensive and not surgical quality but they do work pretty well.  If one gets dropped on the floor or bent, I won't create a lot of pain financially.  Ending up pointy end down in my foot is different level of pain.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Gentlemen,

thanks for the help/recommendations.

I had a look at the Dumont offerings Wefalk, impressive tools. Unfortunately, I seem to have reached an age where things are inadvertently dropped onto the floor. I'm sure the tweezers won't disappear for ever like the small items regularly do, but the financial pain will be significant.

Mark, steel cap boots in the workshop?

Regards,

Grant.