Mack FK Truck Tractor by FriedClams - FINISHED - Shadowbox Display in 1:87

4 hours ago, Javlin said:

@62 and still do not own one.........cellphone:D

1 hour ago, FriedClams said:

Oh good, I'm not the only one.  People used to look at me in the most peculiar way when they asked for my mobile number, and I would tell them I didn't have one.  So now I do have one, but I can never remember what the number is because I never turn the phone on. 

1 hour ago, Jack12477 said:

Yep same here ! Same for my Admiral.

That makes four of us, Admiral has one for on the road emergencies but other than that it never gets turned on....

Sometimes I wonder how the human race survived for ten thousand years on this rock without cell service or internet... {chuckle}

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

41 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Admiral has one for on the road emergencies but other than that it never gets turned on....

That's the answer we give the kids when they ask why we bothered to get them, plus it only cost $25/month for both of us to each have a phone.  Ask the kids how much they spend per month (hint: add another zero 😉😇)

47 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Sometimes I wonder how the human race survived for ten thousand years on this rock without cell service or internet... {chuckle}

Tom-tom. Smoke signals. Runners!  😁😁😁😁😁😁 

5 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Not here! Still have the landline.

Last time I saw a payphone was about the same time I last saw a glass bottle Coke machine. :)

6 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Oh ! THAT MaBell landline ! Yea, they are gone here too. I thought you meant residential!

Yep, the one that had it's own power source, never went down even in the worst of storms.... Today, as soon as the internet goes down, so does standard phone service...

And they call it progress... Right! progress on the money making stuff....

Five steps back in quality of life...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

We've still got a few payphone kiosks around, but there are no phones in them.  🙄

Coke still comes in glass bottles around here too. It's a Latino version, made with real sugar versus the chemical additives, And it's sweeeet. Too much for me; gets my teeth on edge.😝

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild