Looking for someone to restore Chas W Morgan model in Seattle area

Have moved topic to appropriate area.

Carol, people looking for restoration help will attract more interest in their project if they post a number of photos of the model in its present condition. Also, I must warn you of two things. First, not too many folks will be interested if the model is a typical curio item such as is typically sold in nautical gift shops. Second, people who specialize in restoration work may occasionally do it out of the goodness of their hearts, but normally they expect to be compensated for their work, and it is not inexpensive. This topic sheds more light on the subject.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

I’m looking for a modeler to repair a kit  model of the Charles W Morgan, a whaler located at Mystic Seaport. The model belonged to my late husband and has sentimental value. The repairs are fairly minor but beyond my skill level. I expect to pay you and the amount is negotiable. The boat is in Seattle and is probably too fragile for shipping. If you’re interested and you’re in the Seattle area, please contact me!  ~Carol

image.jpg.92a77a4ea542cff4b5283180bdf2cf4e.thumb.jpg.8e0e6c9b3013eee6e8840f8a50c6a6fc.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of your loss and quite understand the sentimental feeling regarding the model since I'm sure your husband loved the model. It's a shame we are not closer, I may possibly have considered the opportunity to make the Morgan whole again and bring you a little closer to your loved one. I have restored models in a lot worse shape than this, but this one would be a fairly easy fix. Hopefully someone will step up and take on the challenge.

• 3 weeks later...

Carol have you found someone to restore your Morgan? I live in Bremerton and if you can get the model to me I’ll give it a go. You would need to pay for material, I usé primarily Syren Ship Company products. I am NOT a professional and will charge nothing for restoration. 

Here are a couple of photos of my last build.

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_4264.jpeg

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.