Bugatti Type 35B by CDW - FINISHED - Italeri - 1:12 Scale

CDW

Not enough wow's in the world to express how great that looks.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

What a spectacular model you have done, Craig! And, in addition, it has has a story behind. The finish of the body work gives really the illusion of being made of bent metallic sheets. I went through the picture several times because every time there was something new to look at. I never built models of cars, but your built is making me thinking of getting one. Are you going to build a show case for it? I think it would be a beautiful piece for any bookshelf or the like.

Congrats,

Dan

Edited by Danstream

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

On 10/11/2023 at 4:20 PM, king derelict said:

Beautiful painting Craig and the photography is excellent too. The Uschi stencil effect is nice. Another item for the shopping list

You can also use very crude steel wool, like used to clean pots in the kitchen. By stretching the materia, you can have different effects and you can play with the distance from the sponge to the surface. It's a good technique for places, where it's hard to set the mask properly and you don't have the risk of color running under the mask.

Cheers Rob

Current builds:   "Big Tank" Crocker OHV motorcycle by DocRob - Model Factory Hiro - 1/9 
                             McLaren Mp4/6 - Ayrton Senna - Fujimi - 1/20 - paused
                             Duchess of Kingston - paused 

Finished builds: F4U-1A Corsair - Tamiya 1/32

USS Arizona 1/350 Eduard
                             Caudron C.561 French Racing Plane 1/48
                             Nachtigall on Speed Arado 234 B-2N by DocRob - 1/32 - Fly

Renault RE20 Turbo - Tamiya - 1/12
                             P-38J Wicked Woman - Tamiya - 1/48
                             AEG G.IV Creature of the Night - WNW - 1/32

Fantastic result Craig, your Bugatti looks exactly matching the story behind it, what is more to say. I enjoyed to follow your multiple weathering techniques during the build and learned a lot.
One little side note, for my liking the tyres look a bit too black, given the state of the car.

Cheers Rob

Edited by DocRob

Current builds:   "Big Tank" Crocker OHV motorcycle by DocRob - Model Factory Hiro - 1/9 
                             McLaren Mp4/6 - Ayrton Senna - Fujimi - 1/20 - paused
                             Duchess of Kingston - paused 

Finished builds: F4U-1A Corsair - Tamiya 1/32

USS Arizona 1/350 Eduard
                             Caudron C.561 French Racing Plane 1/48
                             Nachtigall on Speed Arado 234 B-2N by DocRob - 1/32 - Fly

Renault RE20 Turbo - Tamiya - 1/12
                             P-38J Wicked Woman - Tamiya - 1/48
                             AEG G.IV Creature of the Night - WNW - 1/32