Dragon by Borge - Billing Boats - scale 1:12 - sail yacht

Thanks Anja.

Its very hard to just watch the ship sitting there and not to try working on it.

I have been in the workshop every day just thinking, planning, and sorting stuff with my other hand :)

It is like beeing adictive to the hobby, cant leave it 100 %.

Have a nice wekend :)

Børge

Yes, you are just like the rest of us.  :)   I think most if not all of us, sit at work, or in the car, or somewhere and think, plan, and mentally build our models. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mark, you are 100 % correct, it becomes a lifestyle.

Sometimes i just wonder away in my thoughts, and sometimes it is executed to.

Right now i am playing (inside my head) with a idea on a engraving idea, maybe making a small pantograph engraver for wood carving.

with a electric motor using dental burrs... :D

Børge

Current build(restore, bashing)
BB582 "Dragen" Scale 1:12

On hold: BB534 Bolougne Etaples Scale 1:20

Not started: Model Shipways MS2040 USS Constitution 1:76

:piratebo5: 

Hi Mark, you are 100 % correct, it becomes a lifestyle.

Sometimes i just wonder away in my thoughts, and sometimes it is executed to.

Right now i am playing (inside my head) with a idea on a engraving idea, maybe making a small pantograph engraver for wood carving.

with a electric motor using dental burrs... :D

Børge

Børge, make sure that you keep playing with the idea inside your head. At least for the next two weeks. Otherwise ....... animaatjes-slaan-en-vechten-51690.gif

Take care,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

I will Anja, i promise.

I will be a good boy........ :)

Børge

Børge, make sure that you keep playing with the idea inside your head. At least for the next two weeks. Otherwise ....... animaatjes-slaan-en-vechten-51690.gif

Take care,

Anja

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anja, its getting better, i got another shot of kortison, and 2 more weeks, just to be safe.

And soon i will start training my arm back to life.

Børge

Børge,

At the time that Anja is Moderator she now forget to tell you that I want to say the same.

So I have to tell it myself……good to hear and say hello to oddrun from me  :D  :D  :D  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

good to hear your doing better...... AND....your not sneaking around behind the admiral's back.   get well soon,  my friend :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Take care of yourself so you get better.  We miss you and your building.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

• 4 weeks later...

Splendid work as always Borge :)  Sorry to hear about your elbow acting up, have a good rest, don't worry about Dragon, she'll be waiting patiently for your recovery ;)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Hey Borge, just checked in and learned of your elbow issue.  I'm just getting back into the swing of it myself (lower back problem) so not only can I sympathize but I can also support :D  

Take care and take it easy - this is one of those things that requires patience but it does pay off in the end!  You'll be back at it before you know it  :10_1_10:

Kats aka Sailcat

'Obsessive' is just another way of saying 'Dedicated.

Completed Build Log:  Dame Tisane (1/96 Revell Cutty Sark re-imagined)  

Thanks guys, for the support.

The elbow is much better now, but i dont dare too use it to much yet :)

Got some training to do to slowly get it back to normal.

Børge

And with training ,you meant raise that glass with yellow liquid ?

Nice to see you again my friend  :D

Nice to read that you are almost there…..

Say hello to the Admiral from me. ( wow, I'm quicker then my Moderator ) 

hey there Borge.......good to see your post  ;)   looking forward in seeing the ideas you were talking about :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi Borge,

Just checking in and read that the elbow is getting better.  Excellent!!!  Hopefully, you can be patient a little while longer.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Don't rush the healing, the Dragon and this forum can wait, your elbow can't.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi guys, its nice to hear you all care for me :)

Sjors: it has been som training involving fluid, it gets easy after a couple of pints. ;)

The Admiral says hi :)

Popeye: Hi, my project is "slowly taking shape" on paper, all i can say is that this will be very useful ,he he :)

Jim, hi there, i am taking it easy, we have had a wonderful weather up here lately, is been 22 degrees, and thats hot for this time of the year, so i have been relaxing in the sunshine :)

Hi Mark, i will be patient, its easier now when i got used to not beeing in the shop that much.

Hi Bob, thats what i also figured out, so it will turn out good in the end.

Børge 

Edited by Børge

• 2 months later...

Hi all of you, i have been quiet for a while now.

Tomorrow we will go on vacation for 2 weeks to Sweden\Luleå. Hope for nice weather, and relaxing for a while.

The elbow is pretty good now, so when i get back i will try to work some on the dragon, and show you all what i have been worhing with in secret :)

Have a great weekend

Børge

He Børge,

Nice to see you again in this virtual world  :D

You are coming and now you are saying that you gonna away for 2 weeks…..

Nice is that ! :(

I'm glad to read that your elbow is better !

Say hello to Oddrun from me and I wish you a splendid, sunny, and beautiful vacation!

Enjoy and I see you when you are back ( with an update of the dragon….)

Hello my friend,

Yes Børge, you have been quiet, but it's great your elbow is doing much better.

That is more important. We can wait for another two weeks

And I guess we can wait for the secret that long as well animaatjes-ja-en-nee-43743.gif

Have a safe trip to Sweden and enjoy your holiday.

Say hello to Oddrun for me.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Børge,

That's great news on the elbow.  Have a good trip.  We will do our best to be patient about seeing your "secret".

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

as Groucho would say..........."Hello,   I must be going!"

good to hear from you.....glad to hear that the elbow is doing a lot better :)    I'll look forward in seeing what you've cooked up on the back burner  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

:piratebo5: Hi, Mark and Popeye

Thanks guys.

Well, the secret is something i have had from before, but redone it so i can sit and watch when it does the works for me.... :)

Børge

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends

The weather, and the beer is nice over here.

Will be starting driving home tuesday next week, so its not long before i am in my workshop. 

Take care folks

Børge

good news........hope you had lots of fun  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: