Friesland by S.Coleman - Mamoli- FINISHED - Scale 1:75

Cheers Ulises Victoria. Thank you. Can see the end now, just. :)

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

There is a crane rigging set up between the fore and main mast which is the last step on the plans sheet No.9. Have had a good look at it before work and will start when I get home. Trying to get everything symmetrical will be a challenge. Pics will closely followed hopefully.

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

So here we go. This crane/hoist set up was i bit tricky. I like things to be symmetrical but this is probaly not done on real ships. I think I got it close enough. 

The hooks of this hoist are connected to eye bolts in the deck either side of where the ships boats is stored.

It seems go look good to me.

20170731_161004.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Still have some tensioning to do but here is a closer pic.

20170731_162025.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Working on the Mizzen mast yards. Worked late tonight so not much time spent on the ship tonight.

20170801_210709.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Great work, Scott. I love your crane/hoist rigging. My Royal Louis has this item also, so I am taking notes!!! :)

Best regards

Ulises

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Thanks Ulises. The larger diameter rigging line is one length wrapt around the main mast and looped at either end and seized. Next I made up the two blocks attached to the fore mast and attached them to the large diameter rigging line using eyebolts. Lastly I attached the blocks and rigging that are attached to the deck next to the ships boats. Using that rigging I tensioned the whole assemble and belayed off.

Ignore the large diameter rigging line that runs through the middle as this is one of the mainstays between the main mast and foremast. Hope this helps you get an idea of how I rigged mine.

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Thank you very much, Scott

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Mizzen mast starting to get completed with one yard made up and attached. Have been rigging the others on the main and fore masts 

20170803_085834.jpg

20170803_100401.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Hello zappto. Thanks for checking in. Yes the Deadeyes are from the kit. Same as the blocks, Chain plates etc. The quality is not too bad. Just a little rub between some folded over sandpaper and they come you reasonably good. 

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Hello again guys. Work will be put aside for the next couple of weeks as I have my father visiting me. I have taken time off my job to spend with him. It is also my 30th on the 14th so no doubt have a beer with him. I will still however be checking in on builds on here.  Cheers

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Enjoy Scott.

And show your father the amazing builds.

I'm sure he shall be proud of you wath you have done.

And give him my regards 🤝  

Sjors

• 2 weeks later...

Well its almost time for Dad to leave. That means back to the Friesland soon. He was most impressed and wondered where I got my patience from. Will hope to have an update for you guys soon. 

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Your dad's question is typical and mostly is the friendliest a non-initiated can do!  tThe underlying question is rather "how can you spend so much time on such a futile project... but there usually also is some respect in the question.  Coming from your own dad, maybe the best answer would be: "dad, you know pretty well where I got the patience from..."

Well done, and now: back to work!

JP

Haha. Can i not get a break. Have been posted to a place called Port Hedland for a little while😡😡😡. So no modeling. I was thinking of bringing up a few tools and the rest of the dowels so I can finish off the rest of the yards but it never happend. I guess you do have to be very patient in this hobby. There is really not alot to go. Just some running rigging etc. 

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Happy Birthday for the 30th, Scott ....

Having worked the FIFO lifestyle, I recommend packing those dowels the next time, along with a few tools. 

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Cheers captainsteve. Yes I'm regretting it now!!

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got the ship back down off the shelf and readyed everything to continue. The diluted PVA glue was still runny in the container!! A good airtight seal.

The next step is to attach the running rigging for the main and fore masts. Hopefully a pic soon.

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

More rigging. Tied blocks to end of yard arms. Not very exciting bit it's progress.

20171030_165448.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Thank you Zappto. Yes I only use a 50:50 mixture of white glue for all rigging. I only use CA to harden the ends of the line when passing them through blocks.

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Have been making up more coils for the ropes I have belayed to the pins.

20171031_142241.jpg

20171031_142303.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Hi Scott,

I did FIFO to Port Hedland as well and lived there for over 6 years. My first attempt to wood modelling was during the first FIFO period where I thought I'd fix the boring evenings by doing some woodwork. There were no boring evenings and needless to say the modelling didn't end well...

Very nice model by the way...

Cheers, Peter

Current Build:     USF Confederacy 1778 - Model Shipways - 1:64

Completed:         US Brig Syren - Model Shipways - 1:64

San Francisco Cross Section - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Future build:        HM Granado - Caldercraft - 1:64

LeRenard - Artesania Latina - 1:50

I thought about doing that in the evenings but it never eventuated. I take my hat off to you living there for that long! I hate the heat! :( thanks for dropping by to have a peek.👍

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

More blocks added and also the running rigging on the fore and main masts is 99% completed. 

20171107_183409.jpg

20171107_183421.jpg

20171107_183453.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

Thanks for looking in guys.  No foot ropes. Well not in the plans anyway. I about to start coiling up ropes from old cutoffs to add more to the Belaying pins

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction:

The two yards on the bowsprit are now made and added. The end is getting ever closer finally.

20171110_000504.jpg

Regards, Scott

Completed builds:

Awaiting construction: