USF Constellation by DSiemens - Artesania Latina - 1/85th - Finishing Hull and Rigging

Tha ks Mark and Popeye.  :)

Bob your absolutely right there's no sheer at all.  Might explain why the ladders dont quiet fit.  I'm certain the gun deck is a tad high too but all well.  Just building with what I've got at this point.  Its good being on a forum like this and being able to see these types of problems.  Makes us all better modelers in the long run.

To make up for this ships lack of sheer I've posted this little model.  Its got sheer to spare.  

15010301502131236391129.jpg

15010302887961975172460.jpg

Well I got a call and he wants his model back completed or not.  He's gotten very anxious which I is more due to his age than his natural nature.  So I've agreed to get the sails on and return the ship tomorrow.  Might have to pull an all nighter to pull it off but I would rather have it at least look complete at a distance.  I'll get a picture in before I return it.  I'm certain this won't be the last time I work on this model.  Might be the last time for a little while but his family is very kind and understanding of my time and I think they'd rather see it done eventually.  We'll see.  

Daniel, would it be at all possible for you to work on this model with the old guy ?? Maybe take a few tools around to his place ?? He's probably just anxious that some young whipper-snapper (like you) is gunna stuff up all his good work !! I feel sure that he will be a lot less concerned once he sees the fantastic job that you have done.

Keep up the great work !!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

sorry to hear that Daniel......probably didn't realize how much work was left on the model.   you gave it a decent go........hope he's not expecting you to make house calls ;)    has he seen the scale in which your familiar with?   bring your little fella along perhaps,  and show 'em....must have been hell bring'in your eyes back in focus ;) 

your efforts are to be applauded!   Shaz-butt..........there's no hand clapping emogie.........this one will have to do  :dancetl6:.................:D

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Captain Steve - I thought of that but its a matter of time.  I work and have kids at home and the admiral has a little officer on the way.  (Which side note, means I'm losing my work room and am being kicked back to the closet. :/ )  With all thats going on making it out there to work isnt feasible.  It's a crazy that I got as much done as I have.  

Popeye - It will be a bit of an adjustment.  I still got my pirate ship to finish so it will be right back to the small stuff.  Got to rebuild that one from the masts up.  I've got some new techniques to try out though so I'm kind of excited for it. :)

say it ain't so.......the Jolly Rogers?!?!?   be sure to let me know,  so I don't miss anything ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Its 2 am.   This is as far as I go.

Still a lot I would like to do but that's alright.  I did every thing I could with the time allotted and I'm happy with the result.  

0728170214c.jpg

0728170214d.jpg

0728170214.jpg

0728170215.jpg

0728170214b.jpg

You've done a fantastic job !! I feel sure that the old guy will feel a lot better when he sees your handiwork.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Really nice work Daniel!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Some better pictures at my office.  My work room is too cluttered.

0728171333b.jpg

0728171333a.jpg

0728171333.jpg

0728171332.jpg

looks awesome Daniel..........but what,  you decided to bring it to work with you ? ;)     you did a very nice job.  congratz!   you know........if the old fella forced your hand,  and you feel that you didn't get to do all you wanted to do with this one.......there's always the Cutty ;)    feel free to take as much time as you need :D  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Yeah I brought it to the office so I could deliver it after work.  My work was closer to his place than my house is.

So its delivered and he's happy.  Every one at his assisted seemed to enjoy.  One guy offered to buy it.  He'll have a lot of fun showing it off.  He even had a full set up ready for it.  

Popeye I agree.  My hand was forced a bit but I recognized from the beginning this wasnt my model.  I dont care how complete it is so long as he's happy.  I have enjoyed working on a bigger model though so I may have to get back on that Cutty.  Or the Jolley Roger....to many projects. :)

0728171712.jpg

0728171711a.jpg

0728171711.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

she looks quite fitting in her new surroundings :)     you did a very good job daniel....congratz!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: