Yacht Mary by Mike Dowling - Mamoli

I bought a Fokker triplane from Amazon - they had a special deal and I bought the Sopwith and an Albatross from ebay. I know Cornwall do them but they are a bit pricey.

Current build : Gorch Fock Occre

Completed non-boat build 1/16 Model expo Sopwith Camel - in shore leave.

Previous boat builds:

Amerigo Vespucci Occre

Yacht Mary

Artesania Latina Red Dragon (Modified)

Non-boat build 1/24 scale Dennis bus by OcCre - in shore leave.

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

OcCre Santisima Trinidad Cross Section 

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

Beautifully done. Both the sails and the rigging look good. 

I pawned my Mary off to a friend who is an arborist, and in return he is going to take down a 70 year old Russian elm that got hit by lightning last year, (a $1500.00 savings for me). I built a display case for her as well.  

Marcus 

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Shihawk, I got some wagons from model expo when they had a sale so the kits were cheap but the shipping, import duties and additional postage fees made them very expensive. I won't be doing that again.

Thanks for the comments Marcus, much appreciated.

Previous boat builds:

Amerigo Vespucci Occre

Yacht Mary

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

I fell for that one as well, became very expensive after importing

regards

paul

The clerk of the cheque's yacht of sheerness

Current build HMS Sirius (1797) 1:48 scratch POF from NMM plans

HMS Winchelsea by chuck 1:48

Cutter cheerful by chuck 1:48

Previous builds-

Elidir - Thames steam barge

Cutty Sark-Billings boats

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁

When you buy from ebay, you even have to watch out it doesn't come from somewhere outside the EU, although, after brexit, you will be paying import duties for nearly every thing!!!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I got back into building the Guillow's model aircraft.  I've built a Spitfire MK 1 so far,  but afraid to fly it.  at the moment I have a Fokker Dr 1 in the closet....need to finish sanding and shape the wings and stuff.   I tend to buy direct or from stores,  so I know little of all that nonsense......living in the states helps too  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Are those Guillows kits any good ? I was thinking about getting their Catalina- you know - half boat and half plane. Thought it might make a change ?

Previous boat builds:

Amerigo Vespucci Occre

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

that model is huge!  I have the brochure that I got with the Fokker kit ......1:28 scale / wingspan 45 1/2 inches.   I have the series 200 model of the Fokker  1:14 scalw / wingspan 20 inches.   I like them a lot.......I used to build 'em back in the 70's.  most of my projects back then were comet kits though.   but Guillow's does a lot of 'em now with laser citting,  so the parts are much better.   the old die cutting was tough on the notches and slots.   the plans are pretty decent too....you can pretty much scratch build a plane if you want to.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

OK thanks for that. Meanwhile a decision has been made! My next build will be the AL Fokker triplane to go with my Sopwith Camel. Both to fly from the ceiling in combat !!

Shall I do a build log in shore leave or don't you think anyone would be interested ?

Previous boat builds:

Amerigo Vespucci Occre

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

3 hours ago, Mike Dowling said:

OK thanks for that. Meanwhile a decision has been made! My next build will be the AL Fokker triplane to go with my Sopwith Camel. Both to fly from the ceiling in combat !!

Shall I do a build log in shore leave or don't you think anyone would be interested ?

Pls do, I love that tri plane. made one from Edward in plastic and brass (1:72) and have a few boxes (plastic) stached to try out the different painting. I still would like to make a larger one from wood or something a like.

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

OK folks I will start a build log under Fokker Dr 1 by Mike Dowling in shore leave. Sorry I have no idea how to do links or anything flashy. I can't even manage links with my previous builds.

Anyway, whilst waiting for my brain to make a decision about which build to do I wacked off a 'plastic' car 1/16 scale to go with the planes. A few pictures for you ( please excuse them moderators!)

I hope to see you all on the log.

DSCN1498.JPG

DSCN1497.JPG

DSCN1496.JPG

DSCN1495.JPG

DSCN1494.JPG

DSCN1493.JPG

DSCN1491.JPG

DSCN1492.JPG

Previous boat builds:

Amerigo Vespucci Occre

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

nice car!   build log........duly noted.........saw it.........love it!  :)  your going to have a lot of fun!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: