Hello, My name is Samuel and I am a 20 year old college student from Texas. 

I was gifted a wooden kit of the HMS Bounty 1:110 (Constructo) a few years back and never got around to building it because I was scared of messing it all up.  Now as I am a little older I started it as an "end of summer project" and I think I am about 3 weeks in and the ship looks good so far.  There is still a lot of work to do, and I know I will not be able to complete it before I head back to school in the fall. 

From reading a few posts here as well as various sources online I have come to a few conclusions.  

1. The HMS Bounty is quite a famous ship because of the mutiny that occurred on board. 

2. Constructo kits are not known for the best materials, instructions, or quality in general. (I'm making it work, so far so good)

3. This hobby is a very relaxing one for myself. (I love the water and I am a certified deep water diver)

Attached you will see a photo or two of the ship in its current state on my makeshift drydock, as well as a photo of the box. 

Here is the link to my build log I just started. 

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

Hi Samuel.  Welcome to MSW.   I daresay you are correct on three of your conclusions.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome!  I am new to this challenging hobby as well!  Best of luck.

On 8/26/2019 at 2:07 PM, Doug1963 said:

You mentioned you are a student. Mind if I ask where? I work at the A&M campus in College Station.

Doug 

Hey Doug, thanks for reaching out. 

I'm an aerospace engineering student at the University of Texas at Austin. (TU) for you.  Im starting my third year here and i love it, it is hard work but fulfilling.  I also have a few friends who attend CSTAT and they are fully immersed in the passion and culture of the campus.  Its nice to hear another Texan!