Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig by Egilman - AMT - 1/25th scale - East Bound & Down

On 1/6/2022 at 1:05 PM, popeye the sailor said:

FYI..........OMK had the trailer for the Bandit II movie....been there for a while now.  I was tempted,  but the admiral put the Ka-boch on it....so I guess that's leaves me out :D   they also have the Budweiser tractor and trailer kit....but they want over $200.00...definite NO in her book :( 

Round 2 has the Coke trailer for like $40-$50 I think.  And a KW cab over!  I'll see if I can find the link tonight when I get home.

This guy is a pre-order.  Pretty sure it's got a Thermo King Refer on it:  "PRE-ORDER" AMT Great Dane 40' Reefer Trailer 1:25 Scale Model Kit (DU – Auto World Store

Here is a 40' Fruehauf trailer:  AMT Fruehauf 40' Semi Trailer (Miller Beer) 1:25 Scale Model Kit – Auto World Store

The Coke trailer:  AMT Fruehauf Beaded Van Semi Trailer (Coca-Cola) 1:25 Scale Model Kit – Auto World Store

KW 925:  AMT Kenworth W925 Conventional 1:25 Scale Model Kit – Auto World Store

They've also got quite a few of the older car and truck kits as well as Star Trek models and some other things that might be of interest!

Take care,

Jason

You can get the trailer (the Budwieser trailer is the 40' Fruehof) on EvilBay for less the KW 925 is a conventional, it will work but the Bud decal setup uses a Peterbuilt SWB Cabover.

Trucks and trailers are interchangeable (there are exceptions)

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

• 10 months later...

I haven't forgotten this one my friend, it has just been set aside while real life and other projects diverted my attention....

I will be getting back to it eventually... (yeah 2.5 years I know, that's a lot of sidetracking)

Edited by Egilman

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

21 hours ago, Egilman said:

(yeah 2.5 years I know, that's a lot of sidetracking)

That's always the way of things, the next kit takes over, and then the next😊😇😉

Don't worry  EG we'll wait😁

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

breaker.....breaker.......good buddy..........any takers???  ;)   ran into a deal I couldn't pass up.  quite a few folks mentioned buying models at Wal Mart...........I have never seen Wal Mart stocking 'em.  we were at our local Wal Mart a while ago and I saw an entire selection of model kits!........most of them though sported the Coke motiff {pick ups,  cars,  ect}.  I bought a few during this time,  but I saw that they also had a tractor and trailer kit {sold separately} available.  the display disappeared after a couple of months,  making me think that this was merely a test display to see if they had any viability......a marketing interest.  they ended up in the clearance asile at a reduced price.  so,  I picked up these two:

tractor.jpg.3202474cc6db1bc78eb18dded8a64ec5.jpg

trailers.jpg.7b4732d02ee7683615b2eb5247103322.jpg

I picked up the second trailer just last week.........bought them @ $25.00 a piece!  I think that's a Peterbuilt day cab,  but the GMC will fit the bill just as well.  one question I do have concerns the conspicuity tape.  searching for these decals has been tough........no one seems to carry them.  the trailer is likely the same as yours....produced by a few companies.  Round 2 picked up the molds and produced these kits.  DOT requires conspicuity tape on trailers.......there is limited use on tractors {mud flap brackets mostly}.  if these were 48 foot or 53 foot trailers,  I could try and do Wally trailers.  early Wally trailers were 48 foot and nicknamed Circus trailer because of the distinctive lettering along the sides.  they are also too long to be Pup trailers.  

do you have an idea on where to find conspicuity tape?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

If your looking for the real deal brother Grainger is the place...

If your looking for scale, 1/24th or 1/25th, then it becomes interesting...

DOT reflective tape is called a decal either way...

I would go here and scroll down a bit... Modeltruckin.com

It took me four days of searching to find them back when I was looking for truck license plate decals....

Good luck, BTW, what are you gonna build?

Quote:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the head's up......I'll check them out tomorrow :)   not too sure what I'm gonna do with the decaling,  but there are too many 'coke' models out there.  I was a bit awed that there were chrome parts in the trailer.....that is a no go for me.  I'm in the process of de-chroming for the time being.........I have made a start.  I think a log is in order ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

I have made a start.  I think a log is in order

Looking forward to it....

Quote:

• 2 weeks later...

I sent away for the conspicuity tape decals.........got 'em just the other day :)   getting some pictures together.   won't be long ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 9 months later...
Posted (edited)

Thank you for signing up to ask me a question about truck trailers...

In response, maybe you can explain why Truck Paper has an auction listing for a 1977 52' Hobbs Dry goods van which sold for "$645.00 Christmas Eve 2022? They listed it as a '77.....

How about you taking a look....

For example.... 1978 UTILITY 48 ft x 96 in sold just 4 months ago....

In fact I pull an internet search there are still some 1977 48' van trailers around selling for peanuts at auction....  I mean they are used for storage only they aren't really road worthy, but they are available today...

If they are still available today, they were available back then...

Maybe you aught to explain to those auction companies how they can't possibly have sold 1977-78 48' (and longer) trailers to people cause they simply weren't being made back then...

Edited by Egilman

Quote: