Ravensburger puzzle

You will need to attache the table to the wall when its done  -  looks very interesting.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

2 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

You will need to attache the table to the wall when its done  -  looks very interesting.

OC.

lol...😂 hope not... it wil be glued after finish using a spesial glue you just spray on the top then it vil be secure on a frame.

for now am using 2, 12mm mdf on the table so i can take one on top so i dont need to remove it until its finish,

and my kids wil live it alone😉

How many sorting boxes will you need for that many pieces?  The admiral and I did one with just 1999 pieces (one was missing) and we needed 12 shirt size boxes and about a week to put it together.   Hope you have long arms and can stand up, as the middle will be a long reach.  However, that subject matter should at least hold your interest to completion.  It's also good that it's a excellent quality thick puzzle that fits together well. 

I think that someone posted, some time ago, a nautical puzzle project on our site with around 9000 pieces if I remember correctly. 

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

That looks like a very nice sized project.  A little bit at a time and it will be done in no time :)

3 hours ago, BETAQDAVE said:

I think that someone posted, some time ago, a nautical puzzle project on our site with around 9000 pieces if I remember correctly

Looks like it would take forever

Ravensburger The Bombardment of Algiers 9000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle

Wow...those are incredible puzzles! My wife and I have done a couple of 1000 piece puzzles during the shutdown. She finds about 5 pieces to each one that I find though. I think that either those big puzzles would make me looney!

Be careful with your beverages when you are working on a puzzle. I was lifting a string of 5 pieces from one side of the puzzle to the other and they buckled and fell apart right over my can of beer. Two of the pieces actually fell right through the tab top hole and into the beer can! I had to pour the beer out and cut the can open to get the two pieces out. The cardboard pieces were soaked and had delaminated by the time I got them out of the can.  I placed them outside to dry and then carefully glued them back together with a glue stick so we were able to complete the puzzle even though it had a slight beer smell!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 3 weeks later...