Does anyone have any experience good or bad dealing with Internet Hobbies.  I ordered a kit from them about a month ago, haven't received anything yet and they don' answer my e-mails.

thanks for your help

John

future build: to finish Mary Rose

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8507-mary-rose-by-tarbrush-scale-172-1545/?hl=%2Bmary+%2Brose

completed builds:  Constructo Steam Launch Louise

If they were in EU I would easily rank them as fraud. No references or links to safe trading institutions, no independent reviewers site where you can check them out.

Call them, seems they list a phone number.

Did you order by credit card? Given the lack of ability to validate the store I would seriously consider disputing the charge if possible. I’m not certain if you have to do that within a certain timeframe or not.

sorry but a quick google checks says avoid at all cost

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/general_discussion/f/50/t/182060.aspx

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

thanks for your help guys!!  I will contact my bank on Monday and see if they can do anything.  will let you know how it turns out

John

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8507-mary-rose-by-tarbrush-scale-172-1545/?hl=%2Bmary+%2Brose

I called my bank this morning and am going there this afternoon to file a fraud claim.

the bank had an additional number for Internet Hobbies which they asked me to call first.  when you call you get an answering machine telling you to leave a message, you hear the beep and when you start talking it hangs up.  when you call the phone number on their website the answering machine says the mailbox is full and can't take any more messages.  

hopefully I don't wind up losing my money for the purchase.  did I learn anything from this?  you bet!

John

Since GOOGLE search brings them up as a  spam ad superimposition on the page., and they are either a full blown scam or have crashed - with a full mailbox and no live contact, perhaps a rough  wave  washed the whole crew out to sea -  GOOGLE should be notified that they are enabling a criminal enterprise.   The way GOOGLE handles it will indicate whether GOOGLE too is a scam at base or legit.

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers