My Model Bucket List - Why and Status

I decided to  show my bucket list of all the kits I would either like to do or have  because of a  special reason  to me and the admiral, so here goes  -

1/350  HMS Warspite Battleship,   because  both myself and the admiral loved the look of her   -  built.

1/350   HMS Trafalgar  Class  Sub,   because we used to see them  by the coast where we used to live   - built.

1/72   Black Pearl,   built for the admiral  as she loves the films   -  built.

1/48   RAF WW2  British Airfield  Diorama,   built in my late farthers memory  as he used to work on various airframes  during the war   -  built.

1/48   Royal Navy   Seafire,    my farther also used to work on these   -  built. 

1/48   RAF CH47   Chinook,    It was the first military helicopter the admiral saw with me   -  building.

1/48   Royal Navy  Hawk,   It was the first  fast jet that the admiral saw with myself on one of our walks   -  In my old stash  to be built.

1/48   RAF  Hurricane,    my farther also used to work on these   -  future project  (perhaps next year).

52mm   Battle for  La Haye Sainte  (Waterloo)   diorama,   used to playfight with the Airfix OO scale  when I was a kid    -  on-going   project.

1/350  Type 42 Destroyer  HMS Edinburgh,   we used to see her  a few time where we used to live   -  another future project  late next year  as its not in production yet but will be.

1/35  Scammell  Commander  Tank Transporter  and  Challenger 2  latest up armoured Tank,    we used to see these  go past us on the way to one of the ranges (superb sight)    -    future project.

1/18  Lotus Esprit  Turbo  (With Full body kit)    I very nearly purchased one of these  years back in a mad  heart over head moment   - future project  (I have not come across one of these in kit form.

1/48   French Navy  Super Etendard (SEN)  +  1/48  French Navy  Rafale,    because we used to see these over a Two week period on a range near to were we used to live    -   future project.

65mm   Englsh Civil War  figures,    because I wanted to join up as a reinactor  when I was younger   -   future  project.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

looks like your well under way towards fulfilling your quests ;)   it's always good to plan.......but sometimes it's more fun to stumble onto subjects that peak your interest.......some may even perk you up even more :ph34r:  ask me how I know........:rolleyes:

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

3 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

looks like your well under way towards fulfilling your quests ;)   it's always good to plan.......but sometimes it's more fun to stumble onto subjects that peak your interest.......some may even perk you up even more :ph34r:  ask me how I know........:rolleyes:

Thank you Denis.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Nice list - and even better that you've made lots of progress on it :) 

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

6 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Nice list - and even better that you've made lots of progress on it :) 

Thank you  Mike.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

example of what I'm say'in........looking through the old model kits site.......I have one {per the admiral} Christmas gift on the way.   it's an Arii U.S. super Patton Tank......my first piece of armor in quite a while.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch