US Brig Niagara by rfolsom - Model Shipways

Sometimes only one Admiral is too much, sometimes yourself is too much for you, but different people like different things ...

Edited by Nenad M

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Ha, ha!  Yes, one Admiral is DEFINITELY enough.   Keith, Model Airways is simply a a subdivision of Model Expo, as the Niagara is made by Model Shipways, also a subdivision of Model Expo, based in Florida;  surely available by mail order.  I know Guillows has been around for quite a while, and they make balsa aircraft for static display, or control line or radio control... Not the most accurate or detailed kits (out of the box, anyhow), but alot of fun... Some of their smaller kits are even rubber band powered...  I did one when I was 12 or 13.

• 1 year later...

...Hull planking resumes after a 14-month hiatus (thought it was 16 months, so I feel a tiny bit better)

You can see where the port and starboard planking doesn't always match with perfect bilateral symmetry, but I've tried to compensate along the way...

post-3909-0-72190800-1442383972_thumb.jpg

post-3909-0-44177700-1442383987_thumb.jpg

post-3909-0-68647400-1442384000_thumb.jpg

Bob,

I glad to see your back ship building again. The planking looks very good!

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Larry

Unfortunately I wasn't paying close attention to the stern planking, and I found I was tapering too much at the stern on belt "B".  So on the 7th strake of belt B I am having to introduce stealers. 

This is the first time I've made and used proper stealers (I cheated on the Cutty Sark, as all stealers would have been hidden by the coppering).

I made the stealers alongside their planks and shaped them off the ship;  hopefully they'll align properly on the ship....

post-3909-0-54382300-1443941177_thumb.jpg

post-3909-0-64562900-1443941188_thumb.jpg

post-3909-0-12834100-1443941199_thumb.jpg

O ho ho, somebody is back !!!!

Very glad to see you on workbench again

Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic