Cannon and Carriages for the Winchelsea

Hi Chuck. I decided to add this as a new topic, but it may be covered elsewhere.  Feel free to delete if this post is superfluous.

Which cannon barrels and carriages should we use on the Winnie?  I thought about buying them today with my Chapter 4 order, but couldn't tell for certain which ones to buy for the main deck.  Obviously, it's too soon to mount them permanently, but I thought it would be nice to test fit them.  Or are they not available yet?  Thank you! 

Current Build:

HMS Winchelsea 1:48 (Group Project)

Completed Builds:

Virginia 1819 Artesania Latina - 1:41 

I asked this a while ago. Per Chuck, "The cannon are in fact the 1 15/16 resin for the gun deck.  1 9/16 for the upper decks." 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Purchased separately. I don't remember what is the correct size. I'll check when I get home.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

This topic is fine.  I have a bunch of resin guns coming for the gundeck.  They are indeed 1 15/16” long. 

I have also started laser cutting the carriages.  You will 24 of these.  I will sell them 4 to a package like the other cannon and carriages.  

I will need to make many hundreds of these.  So I am waiting until I have a healthy amount before I list them.  

Building these and writing the instructions are the very next thing I will be doing.

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Este tema está bien. Tengo un montón de pistolas de resina para la cubierta de armas. De hecho, tienen 1 15/16 ”de largo. 

También comencé a cortar con láser los carros. Tendrá 24 de estos. Los venderé 4 a un paquete como los otros cañones y carruajes.  

Necesitaré hacer cientos de estos. Así que estoy esperando hasta tener una cantidad saludable antes de enumerarlos.  

Construirlos y escribir las instrucciones es lo siguiente que haré.

Good evening Mr. Passaro, is it possible to make in bronze at 1/35? I would like at least 2 of each size of the Winnie's and send to Chile, I can wait for what is necessary. Thank you.

Jorge

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI

carriage8.jpg

Cannon carriages for the gun deck are now available.  These are the 1 15/16" carriages.  They are sold 4 per pack.  You will need 24 of them.  The Cedar versions are now available.  The resin cannon are also available.   Chapter 6 will be just this....making and installing the gun deck cannon.   This will take a while for everyone to do neatly.   

IMPORTANT:  I will add the carriage jig for free when you buy these.  But you must remind me by writing in the comments section of your order that you are a Winnie builder.  Otherwise I wont know to add it to your package.   I wont ship the jig by itself later so please dont forget to mention it in your order before check out.

carriage3.jpg

You will still need to get your own 28 and 24 gauge wire.....as well as 1mm brass rod to make these.   You are buying the laser cut wood parts......

They are listed on my Winnie store page.

Chuck

Carriage parts are now available in CHERRY to buy.......

Just an FYI

I am also happy to report I am part way through making my last batch of guns for my model.  Yippie.