HMS Bounty by AdamA - 1:48

Ok I may have underestimated the amount of work that McKay's drawings entailed. He has scarph joints in every joint in the frames. No chocks. No overlapping single angled joints. All scarphs... I may make an executive decision to use chocks for all the frames.

I noticed these six straps connecting the stern timbers to the top two transom pieces in the pic below. They aren't labeled and they are missing in all the other pictures so I'm not sure what they were made from. Considering the Bounty had to have all its iron fittings replaced by brass or copper when it was coppered by the royal navy (something they did apparently to keep the iron fittings from reacting with the copper plates, I'm going to use copper for them and for the five bolts in each.

Screenshot_20210418-223028_Drive.jpg

You are doing a great job. It look fantastic.

I'm on my first time building a ship and also have the McKay book for reference on my kit build, so it will be of great interest to follow your work on scratch build of the Bounty.

Did you copy the drawings from the book or did you buy the drawing separate from the book? 

Trond

'Patience Is a Virtue'

Current Build: HMS Bounty - Billingboats

On 4/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, Trond said:

You are doing a great job. It look fantastic.

I'm on my first time building a ship and also have the McKay book for reference on my kit build, so it will be of great interest to follow your work on scratch build of the Bounty.

Did you copy the drawings from the book or did you buy the drawing separate from the book? 

I have the book to pull the images from. 

How much will you charge for the patterns you made for bounty stern? I am having a real problem trying to figure it out. Can you help me with this I am using Hahn’s plans

my email is.   here are some pics of what I have done please pm me as i REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS...this is first time i have undertaken a project this big.

5EF9F150-E9E9-4530-A5EB-088EB71D3BAA.jpeg

477138C6-18CB-4EBB-A4FF-28221F088BC5.jpeg

B03B6BB4-5360-4576-8618-88514180073B.jpeg

3FBF2319-040B-4C8C-89DF-2575F1F7B04D.jpeg

6681336C-003F-4467-AAE9-8E17B6D851F4.jpeg

Edited by lesterpalifka
delete email