HMS Bounty 1:48

Hi Everyone

A story shared by so many around the world. I contracted Covid 19 which damaged my heart. My life was around adrenaline activities - Motocross, downhill Mountain bike races etc. These had to stop. I found an old Bounty model which I started and gave up 25 years ago and while recovering with some tools lying around the house and Arlene's (my wife) sewing kit I started playing. Being rather silly, I did no research, forgot about you tube and forums like yours and just built. There were no instructions just a really cool diagram and rigging plan. Many missing parts and no rigging material. Must have got lost over the years of hanging around. 

My pub and pool table became a work station. I had so much fun building this it is now my new activity in life (quite a change ) I really enjoy it. Anyway here are some pics of my Hms Bounty. Many parts I made from left over wood (e.g The 2 jolly boats, the stern cabins and lanterns and side cabins and the stand) and use cotton and thread in Arlene's sewing kit.

I have now bought all the tools (including a Dremel and accessories etc - it is so much fun) and bought the HMS Victory 1:78 which the SA postal service still has it after 4 months...need a boat to build and really struggle to get anything here in SA. Using this forum and loads of research hopefully my next build will have the detail and authenticity you guys achieve. Non the less my ship looks cool in my pub.

Anyway enough blab...here are some pics of my build :

IMG_8411.JPG

IMG_8811.JPG

IMG_8909.JPG

IMG_9428.JPG

IMG_9441.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

A nice looking model.  Most significant is you got through it to completion!

The next one will be even better.  

All the best and if you need a hand, please let me know.

Welcome aboard Grant. You've built some great models...Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

Welcome aboard, Grant.   Nice work on the Bounty.   When the next one arrives, do start a log so we can follow along.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me