Phantom by lraymo - Model Shipways - 1:96 scale - New York Pilot Boat

Lynn, it's in their print catalog (which you can download from their site) but you're right that I can't find it on the website listings, either. Odd. Interested to hear what you find out.

21 hours ago, Cathead said:

Interested to hear what you find out.

Eric, the BlueJacket people were very responsive to my email.  They responded right away with an email that included an order form for the solution, which I went ahead and ordered.  And reasonable prices too.  Thanks!

It worked!!!  I am happy with my decision to wash the black paint off the 6 cleats I need to attach to the stanchions, and then use the Pewter Black solution from BlueJacket!  It took a little time to wash off the paint, but then the solution went to work, and I'm happy with the result.

So I've attached the newly-blackened cleats to the stanchions, and I've finished the splash rails and the two fairleads.  Happy with my progress, but totally aware of how hard it is to work with tiny parts and CA glue.  My precision (or lack thereof) makes me hope that no one will look too closely at the finished product!   But for now,  I'm happy just to continue learning how to proceed with each new step!  Precision will come later!

I was surprised (and pleased) with how fast the blackening solution did its job!

20220423_170759_1000.jpg.886ce446141060b04263d459f0617770.jpg

20220423_210403_1000.jpg.cbeab843bd0cdc9f74a7cc8d77d7fd33.jpg

20220423_210529_1000.jpg.c00e7a6eeb527c1684092c3b02eb27fb.jpg

Th cleats came out nice. I need to order some Pewter Black from Bluejacket and give it a try. Thanks for reviewing the product, Lynn. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.  Just checking in to see how the rest of the MSW world is doing.  I've been really busy for awhile now Also, I got stuck in trying to make chainplates (my files don't seem to do much in trying to trim down the strip of brass they are made from, and I seem to have lost a set of files that might work!)  Anyway, I hope to get back to work in the near future, but thought I'd see what you are all up to!

I found the blackener on the bluejacketinc website by choosing

Fittings > Paint, Glue, Odds & Ends > Paint-enamel and metal toners > Metal toners.

Once there, change the order quantity from 0 to 1 (or more) for the version(s) you want then click Buy Now!

Jonathan

Current Build: Zulu - Lady Isabella

Completed Builds: Lowell GB Dory, Norwegian Pram, Lowell GB Dory Redux, Bounty Launch, Nisha, Lady Eleanor - Fifie
On the Shelf: Ranger, Erycina, HMS Alert, etc, etc.
Hibernating: Gunboat Philadelphia, Bluenose
In a Time Vault Due to Open in 2025: Syren

• 3 months later...

Lynn, the golf season is over. Where are you and what are you up to? Look forward to hearing from you.