I have full set of plans I got from the Smithsonian when I was building the Philadelphia. I got the plans because I wanted to detail the build including full sails, rigging, and the fascine protective barriers made from wood bundles. These plans were apparently used to construct the reproduction.

I came across them while I was cleaning up my stash.

I am willing to gift these for the price of a mailing tube and postage to anyone who is interested in a detailed build of this model. They were not cheap! PM me if interested.

Here is what mine looks like using these plans:

Done-1.jpg

Done-5.jpg

Done-8.jpg

Done-4.jpg

Done-7.jpg

Edited by Brucealanevans

That’s a nice offer!  Having seen the Smithsonian’s model many times, this makes a handsome model and the vessel is small enough to build it at a scale that can be well detailed.  This is also a good choice for modelers of the Natural Wood School as it can be convincingly argued that these gunboats were never painted.  This would be an excellent choice for a kit builder wishing to stick their toe in scratch building waters.

Roger

Whoever might be interested: there are many, many large sheets of plans in meticulous detail. Get them while you can! It's very generous to offer these for the cost of postage only, Bruce.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Just paying it forward. Have received much help on these forums, for example when looking for detailed upgrades to the stock Chaperon build. 

That's a fantastic model you built, Bruce!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Several have now asked, so the plans are spoken for. 
thanks all.