Aalesund Modeller - Soleil Royal

Posted (edited)

IMG_20240228_162058.thumb.jpg.b933a8cf7f99872a8ae8edb885d2e086.jpgFirst I want to say that the text that is posted here has been run through Google Translate, so it is possible that there will be some mistakes, but you have to be patient😏 I am a 45-year-old man from Norway.  I have a partner and have two daughters❤️.  I have worked a lot with plastic construction kits, but in recent years have switched to wooden boats and wooden models, which I really like.  I am an amateur and learn every single day.  Working with model ships is my therapy.  I really relax when I have projects like this, while at the same time I have an inner stress that chases after completion.  My latest project, Soleil Royal, is a test of taking it easy, of taking time.  There will probably be some pictures, videos and a log in the future on it if I figure out how to create a build log.... Anyone?

Edited by Sigbjørn

Posted (edited)

:sign:

Good luck on your journey   :cheers:

Edited by Knocklouder

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

Posted (edited)

Sigbjorn, Welcome to MSW. Glad have you aboard. 

Edited by Keith Black

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:piratebo5:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Sigbjorn,

Looks like you have already started a build log. Just add more posts to this thread as you go along. Take your time and enjoy this build. It is a beautiful ship.

Can first post pictures of a jig that I made myself.  I work with assembly and service of aids (wheelchairs ++++) and we have a lot of oddities in our warehouse.  Some time ago we had a bedside table that was just to be thrown away.  It had some features that I quickly saw could be useful in terms of boat building.  I removed the tabletop itself (which was broken) and mounted it on a narrower piece of wood.  This is a nice tool where you can turn and turn around a horizontal axis, as well as height adjustment.  Only imagination and creativity set limits.

IMG_20240304_181615.jpg

IMG_20240304_181651.jpg

I would like to have some light in the windows at the back of the boat, but am struggling a bit to find a good solution.  I am considering putting LED strips in the boat as I also get some light in the gun hatches.  But there must not be bright light.  Does anyone have any good ideas?

IMG_20240304_181919.jpg

IMG_20240304_181949.jpg

IMG_20240304_182002.jpg

IMG_20240304_182013.jpg

IMG_20240304_181651.jpg

There are several Soleil Royal build logs, see the link below. 

https://modelshipworld.com/search/?q=Soleil Royal&quick=1

Looking good on the early work.  I suggest you open a build log from here on out instead of this area.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)