Lе Rochefort 1787 by moreplovac - scale 1/36 - port yacht

Continue with frame building, sanding, etc... after checking the thickness on all frame parts, I discovered some discrepancies on thickness due to bad plan copies and in most time, my mistakes... so some parts I will be able to reuse and some not... so new and old frames lined up... other, missing in this "fish line" are still on the board, waiting for cut..

Rochefort-00417.thumb.jpg.31e317d27e28d6e649a3c90eed45936e.jpg
Happy modelling..

Keel structure needed a bit of a extra work so here is current keel built stage..

Rochefort-00420.thumb.jpg.47e35ac1350998214da4830b02336fa1.jpgRochefort-00419.thumb.jpg.940647b157dd393c0ed8e4491e8dba5e.jpgRochefort-00418.thumb.jpg.eedff54915cf51ed938f94cf012c9a15.jpg

Rabbet lines were giving me the hardest time, mistakes like missing correct plan line, too deep chisel cuts, slip over working part making bad scratch marks (not like "Cat scratch fever" Ted Nugget) etc, causing make of two extra stem, apron and forefoot parts... oh well, will have plenty of pear wood for other ship parts and other ship kits are waiting in line.. won't go to waste bin.

Continue with wrapping up keel work so I can jump on frames...

Happy modelling.

Lovely work :)  I used to worry about all of the little scratches and marks but I have found that as the ship progresses they disappear into the detail.

When I cut my rabbets I did them too shallow - when I build me next ship I will have an actual plank ready to help me cut to the right depth.

Keep the updates coming!

Thank you No Idea, I was, I think, too worried with all those small dings and scratches, not that I would not care anymore, but looking into other's logs I start noticing them too often so I am not making a new keel structure...

yeah, making an actual plank as a rabbet line depth reference is a very nice idea... 

Cheers