GUNBOAT PHILADELPHIA by Steve.Y - FINISHED - Model Shipways

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Steve, I see your in Seattle, I guess that leaves you out for walking on the replica of Philadelphia at Lake Champlain. I have also built Model Shipway's Philadelphia and enjoyed it.------Recently another gunboat (Spitfire) has been found and intact I think there's a CD for sale of the find at the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum in Vermont. A great day trip if your close by. Let me know if you would like some pictures of the replica. ----I stained my model when I was finishing it and was unhappy with the blochey appearance the basswood ended up as. My fault for not putting a sealer on the wood first. I was in a hurry. I'm ok with it now as the real boat was never painted anyway and probably blochy also. Also the cleats that come in the kit are from a Chris craft kit and will not  look very good, Find some wood ones like the real boat had. I also used Syren's Co.'s rigging rope and was very pleased. Feel free to contact me if needed.----Lacy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Steve,

Check your IM.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

• 1 month later...